Let Carnival pick your room...?

TXAlex

How fussy about location are you? I once chose a guarantee in order to save money. My room was located near the front of the aft. The ship (Liberty) was large so if I was at the nightclub and needed to run back to my room for a sweater, I felt as if I had walked a football field! You can also end up with a room above or below a club, restaurant, etc. I vowed never again to let Carnival or any other line choose for me. However, if you are not super-sensitive about location or noise and want to save money, you just might want to go for it. Also, it is possible that you might luck out and end up with a desirable room.

We've booked guarantee cabins many times. Usually we end up with the same cabin category we would have picked anyway but at a cheaper price so we can't complain. We recently booked a guarantee on Paradise and were assigned a cabin on the Upper deck which is 2 decks higher than we would have been if we'd chosen a cabin.

I'm more willing to let the cruise line pick for me on a short cruise. But on a longer, more expensive cruise, I'd rather pick my own to make sure I don't end up in a noisy cabin. I can go without sleep for a couple days but not for a whole week. :)

Edited by CruisinCrow

take a look at your sailing-- make believe you are doing a booking and take it all the way through to see what cabins are still showing as available.

this way you can see in what area you would be around.

For our sailing a guarantee is only like 30pp difference. Just not worth the money

Edited by serene56

we did it on our first cruise. We didn't really know enough not to do this. We got a great location and a great balcony. We also did it on our second cruise with Princess and got assigned an Aft Facing Balcony. It was heavenly.

Now, I don't really know if I would do this. I am a little too picky with location and I don't really not having control. But both times I have done it it's been a great gamble. If it saves you that much money, it's probably worth it.

We booked a B2B with bunk beds in the same room and then the Halloween special came along so one of the bookings I had to let Carnival pick my room. I was taking a chance to have to switch rooms on my second leg of the trip.

I found out a few weeks ago that Carnival gave me an upgrade to a port hole and also upgraded my second booking to the same room so now I don't have to move at all.

Thank goodness, I wasn't looking forward to sleeping on the top bunk lol :D