Nail Files, Scissors, Swiss Army Knives, etc.

Leo Jay

Strangely, Carnival makes no mention of these items in their Safety & Security policy about what items are permitted and not permitted to be carried on board (unless it's supposed to be understood that these are "weapons"). So does anyone know what the deal is with these, and if they are permitted, is it best to pack these in your carry-on baggage or your check-in luggage, or does it make any difference?

Strangely, Carnival makes no mention of these items in their Safety & Security policy about what items are permitted and not permitted to be carried on board. Does anyone know whether it's best to pack these in carry-on baggage or check-in luggage, or does it make any difference?

Probably best to put them in your checked luggage but I have to question why you'd need scissors and a swiss army knife.

Probably best to put them in your checked luggage but I have to question why you'd need scissors and a swiss army knife.

Swiss army knife to clean the fish that you catch off your balcony so you can cook them on your Hibachi! (You could also probably assemble your Hibachi with it, now that I think of it)

Scissors so you can trim the wick of your candles that you bring on board!

(Ok, ok, no flaming, trying to make a joke here, nothing more to see, move along) :eek:

Well, its one of those multi-purpose tools -- I use it more for the accessories (corkscrew, magnifying glass, screwdriver, etc.) than for the blades.

My aunt cuts her own hair on a regular basis. So much so that her scissors are part of her make up kit (cosmetic bag). When we boarded last year they took them away from her until after the trip, the blade was about 2 inches long, they really look more like cuticle nippers but she used them to cut her hair.

She had forgotten they were even in her bag, so she didn't really care that they took them. But nevertheless, they did.

My aunt cuts her own hair on a regular basis. So much so that her scissors are part of her make up kit (cosmetic bag). When we boarded last year they took them away from her until after the trip, the blade was about 2 inches long, they really look more like cuticle nippers but she used them to cut her hair.

She had forgotten they were even in her bag, so she didn't really care that they took them. But nevertheless, they did.

Thanks.

Well, its one of those multi-purpose tools -- I use it more for the accessories (corkscrew, magnifying glass, screwdriver, etc.) than for the blades.

Corkscrew (forgot about that one)...nuff said. Checked luggage :D

(Ok, ok, no flaming, trying to make a joke here, nothing more to see, move along)

Please don't do that again.:p ...coffee burns in the nose....ROFLMAO....

Archived