call Verizon before buying egiftcards

elainmir

Just trying to help out here....I've bought a few Verizon e gift cards with no issues and wouldn't it figure I go to buy the big 450$ one and it says it didn't work because the application has errors...no points were deducted so I gave it a few minutes and tried again.. Same thing.... Application issues...something said check my bank account. Sure enough it took out 450 both times.....and no egift cards showed up via email or account transaction history. Hopefully this saves someone else the grief I've encountered today...Verizon has acknowledged issues and is working to get me a reversal on one charge and a GC for the other charge. So maybe call to confirm they've fixed issues

Edited by elainmir

Just trying to help out here....I've bought a few Verizon e gift cards with no issues and wouldn't it figure I go to buy the big 450$ one and it says it didn't work because the application has errors...no points were deducted so I gave it a few minutes and tried again.. Same thing.... Application issues...something said check my bank account. Sure enough it took out 450 both times.....and no egift cards showed up via email or account transaction history. Hopefully this saves someone else the grief I've encountered today...Verizon has acknowledged issues and is working to get me a reversal on one charge and a GC for the other charge. So maybe call to confirm they've fixed issues

I just purchased $750 worth today. Worked without a hitch. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Was Verizon able to take care of the issue for you?

I had the same problem yesterday. I am hoping it is just a hold that will be released today.

Verizon quickly knowledged the issue and worked with me last night and with my bank today to release the holds. My money was back in My account BY noon. However my bank said to make sure my account was monitored for a few days so it wasn't processed even after all this. My bank said it had to be reversed while pending or it could've resulted in massive paperwork and up to a two week wait for my money back! Hopefully it's over!

I had the same problem yesterday and no Verizon wasn't able to fix the issue. I tried my card to purchase $100, application error, tried again said credit card declined. Sure enough card shows the hold, but I didn't have enough of a credit limit for it to work a second time. So I tried a different card, this time purchased a different amount did $150 in orders, again got the same application error. This card also shows the hold. We leave on Saturday, not sure if the holds will fall off in time for me to try again.

Verizon couldn't find a record of the holds due to the errors. I tried speaking with them, they attempted to call my bank but I was at work and I had to hang up while on hold to answer another line. They just advised I wait for the holds to come off. Not overly helpful.

I'm not sure who you spoke to at Verizon but please call my contact YURI at 913-541-7911. Verizon is aware there was an issue. Not sure if your holds will fall off in time but mine was on my VISA Debit and they had mine fixed by noon so less than 24 hours time. I think it would've been fixed sooner but my bank was closed last night. Hope this helps you.

That is scary. I was planning on purchasing some before I left and now I am not so sure. What is the difference between these egift cards (other than the Obvious 10% savings) and buying cruise cash from the carnival website.

Cruise cash is automatically placed on your s&s account. No need to take them to a kiosk or guest service and have the money applied. However, cruise cash is non-refundable and non-transferable. So if you change or cancel your cruise, you lose everything. Gift cards are the exact opposite but not applied automatically.

I prefer gift cards. I am prone to change plans. It would be foolish for me to ever buy cruise cash.

Cruise cash is automatically placed on your s&s account. No need to take them to a kiosk or guest service and have the money applied. However, cruise cash is non-refundable and non-transferable. So if you change or cancel your cruise, you lose everything. Gift cards are the exact opposite but not applied automatically.

I prefer gift cards. I am prone to change plans. It would be foolish for me to ever buy cruise cash.

So.. If I buy the gift cards and apply them to my sign and sail and I have money left over at the end of the cruise will I get real money back or another gift card? Just curious.

Can we use ecerts for our payments? I made my deposit last month. Now I want to make a payment. Can Verizon ecerts be used for these payments?

Thanks

I've used the eCards to make payments on my account online. I only had to call when I was using more than one on the final payment due date.