Craft Beers on the Epic

PGHProducer

I'm interested too as I'll be sailing on Epic 12/21 sailing and I'm not only a craft brew lover....My husband and I started a craft brewery in our town! Please let there be decent beer onboard! Wish I could smuggle a keg of our own!

I'm interested too as I'll be sailing on Epic 12/21 sailing and I'm not only a craft brew lover....My husband and I started a craft brewery in our town! Please let there be decent beer onboard! Wish I could smuggle a keg of our own!

Very nice. Which brewery? Home brewer here as well.

Prepare to be seriously underwhelmed.

If you like Light Lager you'll be ecstatic. Otherwise........well, you'll be less than excited.

Yikes. That's a depressing list. Not an IPA in sight. Ah well. Sam Adams Boston Lager at least has flavor... So that is always an option...

Are you really surprised? :P

You may be interested in this: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g150812-d2443012-Reviews-Club_de_la_Cerveza-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Yikes. That's a depressing list. Not an IPA in sight. Ah well. Sam Adams Boston Lager at least has flavor... So that is always an option...

I have never seen an IPA on a ship.

The most imaginative choice I ever saw was a Coal Porter that was left over from a New England itinerary.

I have never seen an IPA on a ship.

The most imaginative choice I ever saw was a Coal Porter that was left over from a New England itinerary.

I had IPA on Seabourn Legend 2 years ago out of St Thomas. It was the St. John Brewer's Island Hoppin' IPA contracted at Shipyard.

Thank goodness for Sam Adams Boston Lager. Sigh.

Some day they will realize that not all beer drinkers want lite/light beer. Same as a wine drinker, I am willing to pay more for better flavor/quality. They just need to offer it...

I had IPA on Seabourn Legend 2 years ago out of St Thomas. It was the St. John Brewer's Island Hoppin' IPA contracted at Shipyard.

I know that this is not the Seabourn forum, but it used to be if you liked a certain drink, you let them know if advance and they would stock it. I am sure that is still the case.

I am also a porter/stout fan and wish that there were more selections. I will drink Guinness, but more choices would be great. I wish that they would get the the Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout on the Breakaway for the cool weather sailings.

Mishdoyle - which town are you in?

luddite - the Coal Porter sounds great. How did you like it?

I just accept that I save my craft beer swilling experiences for shore-side vacations. (Or actually, any night out here in MSP!)

...Though I do hear that NCL stocks some Alaskan Brewing specialties on the Alaska cruises.

Edited by quercus alba