Stingray without reef/snorkel

deltaj

We are 10 folks who want to do only stingray tour without snorkel, and I am not able to find anyone who does just that.

Does anyone know of a tour company who does this? (also, we will be there on Christmas, and I am not sure what all will be open.)

One option will be to take a cab to 7 mile beach and find a boat there which can take us, but given its Christmas Day, I am trying to see if I can book ahead.

Thanks!

You won't find a boat at Seven Mile Beach...wrong area. Try at the port area if you don't find something before then.

so, maybe when my tender boat gets into the port from Carnival ship, that would be the place to look for a boat?

I'd highly recommend Moby Dick's for the stingray city experience. While they go out to the reef for snorkeling for those who wish to do it, you can just stay on the boat; you don't have to go snorkeling. Afterwards, there is plenty of time for all with the stingrays.

so, maybe when my tender boat gets into the port from Carnival ship, that would be the place to look for a boat?

You'll be looking for a booth or person with a sign saying "Stingray City tours" but yes, look in the area where your tender docks. The boats leave from a different area than where the tenders dock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a tour being offered by Stingray City United that does not include snorkeling. What you do get is a walk through their nature trail which has beautiful birds and trees and a viewing of the National Geographic Underwater photo exhibit. You may also see wild iguanas running around and get to feed wild tarpons that grow to incredible sizes before heading out to Stingray City.

I tried the last minute booking but it did not work out so well for me. Our boat that was supposed to take us had already left and so another boat took us out to Stingray City and then we had to try to get over to our original boat. Thankfully the water was shallow so we held our belongings over our heads as we made our way to the other boat.