CCL Zipline/falls in Ocho Rios

hlb76

I normally do not like to book ship excursions but something keeps telling me going through the ship is the best idea. Not sure why but its a gut feeling.

Has anyone done done this before? What did you think of it? Any suggestion or feed back?

I really dont want to hit the falls at peak time as it gets CRAZY. When we have done private they get us in and out before the buses of ship tours get in.

I keep looking at the bobsled too. How much time do you get at Mystic Mountain? Was it horribly crazy busy? Did you have time to add extra stuff? I just cant decide what to do. I would love to check out mystic mountain on our own... if thats a possibility

We have done Dunn's River Falls, and while it is very pretty, we really did not like that there were hundreds of people there and they basically just herded you up the falls. When we were in Jamaica this past April we did Blue Hole/Secret Falls. This is not an excursion offered through Carnival - we had to book it on our own. It was amazing! No more than 30 people there, small waterfalls to jump off of into pools, rocks to jump off, large waterfall to jump off, rope swing, large pool of water to swim in. Check out the reviews on Trip Advisor. We docked in Montego Bay and it was a 2 hour drive from there. We did stop for lunch on the way back. The falls are only about 15 minutes from Ocho Rios so this would be ideal. Depending on how long you will be in port you could probably do something else also. I believe the tour operator we used had some combo packages.

We did the Carnival excursion which was zip line, bobsled and infinity pool and water slide at mystic mountain. We rarely do ship excursions but I highly recommend this. You will have a blast!

I did this same one and the staff there was amazing and would also highly recommend. My inlaws booked just the skylift up the mountain and went direct through them and after taxi fare they spent more.

I only wish I would have added on the falls :) The zip line at Mystic Mountain is great, and the bobsled was tons of fun. I got lucky and got to do a bobsled and a half since I was by myself and my mom had waited on me back up on the mountain, when the found out instead of having to take the lift all the way down and then back up the guides took me back up their way. So we got on a bobsled and off we went. I made sure to tip those guys good!

I keep looking at the bobsled too. How much time do you get at Mystic Mountain? Was it horribly crazy busy? Did you have time to add extra stuff? I just cant decide what to do. I would love to check out mystic mountain on our own... if thats a possibility

We got as much time as we wanted, you had a wrist band that allowed you to get back on a taxi when you were ready. Again the price was a little more for my in laws booking not through the ship because of the taxi fare :) They also have guided trail tours that you can go on. It was raining off and on so we didn't do that but it looked like a very nice walk.

Edited by cruisecraze96

There are different packages you can select for Mystic Mountain. To get up the mountain you have to take the sky lift. I am deathly afraid of heights and had a death grip on the bar but the view was amazing as you go up the canopy.

Once up at the top of the mountain go check in if you booked a zip line tour to get a time, since I was solo they had me suit up and go with the next group. The zip line was super fun and there was even a free fall section.

You can also do the bobsled, a roller coaster on the hill where you control the speed. You only get one in the package but you can purchase additional rides if you want.

They have a little restaurant there that we did not try, a couple of vendors and then they had music and dancing. There is also a lookout tower and the infinity pool with a slide. It was raining the day we went so we did not go into the pool :). There is also walking trails that you have to use a guide on but I did not see where that cost any extra (just tips).

Once done, get back on the lift and back down the mountain you go. You can ride the lift as much as you want, and there was no time limit on the mountain which was nice. I wish I would have also gone to Dunns but will have to do it another day.

There are different packages you can select for Mystic Mountain. To get up the mountain you have to take the sky lift. I am deathly afraid of heights and had a death grip on the bar but the view was amazing as you go up the canopy.

Once up at the top of the mountain go check in if you booked a zip line tour to get a time, since I was solo they had me suit up and go with the next group. The zip line was super fun and there was even a free fall section.

You can also do the bobsled, a roller coaster on the hill where you control the speed. You only get one in the package but you can purchase additional rides if you want.

They have a little restaurant there that we did not try, a couple of vendors and then they had music and dancing. There is also a lookout tower and the infinity pool with a slide. It was raining the day we went so we did not go into the pool :). There is also walking trails that you have to use a guide on but I did not see where that cost any extra (just tips).

Once done, get back on the lift and back down the mountain you go. You can ride the lift as much as you want, and there was no time limit on the mountain which was nice. I wish I would have also gone to Dunns but will have to do it another day.

This is if you taxi in right? Or with a ship tour?