UK Reviews of the Week by Host Sharon, Triock and Poppet52!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Braemar Pretty ship, pretty ports by Host Sharon

My friend and I had received letters advising us that Braemar was arriving straight from Hamburg following a refit and that we should adhere to our check-in times (4.30 for me, 6pm for her) as she would not arrive until mid afternoon. As we watched her arrive early at noon, we decided that she may start boarding earlier and so set off for the ferry at about 1.30, arriving at the Ocean Terminal at 2.15. Check in was swift but then we had a long wait of about 2 hours before finally being invited to go through security. Knowing how sensitive the security scanners are at Ocean, I was dreading having to take my boots off but thankfully the woman there suggested I try and go through the scanner and see if my boots set it off, in which case I would have to return, take them off and go through again – they didn’t! Continue reading... Pretty ship, pretty ports

Celebrity Eclipse First Cruise Ever by Triock

This was a very special cruise for us as it was not only our first ever cruise but also my 50th Birthday cruise. Overall we have a fantastic time and booked another cruise on board for 2015 !!! That said there are a few things i noticed that may be a one off but its worth noting. Our overnight stay was in Miami at the Hotel Intercontinental and that was a great stay, the transfers from the airport to the hotel and then to the port were faultless. However, we then ended up waiting in a long line as no one advised us that we could use the fast lane as we had a Concierge Cabin, so had to wait for in line for quite a while and were not able to make use of the lounge or fast line. Continue reading... First Cruise Ever

Oriana Fantastic Oriana Cruise - our second cruise with P&O by Poppet52

This was our first experience of Cunard and were well aware that there is a subtle difference between a Liner and. Cruise ship. We certainly felt the differences and overall were quite pleased. The embarkation in NY was a shambles . Not down to Cunard but due to the US Customs services doing a serious inspection etc. when we eventually got onboard there wasn't a welcome drink available. Simply a me me,her of staff giving directions. We had to wait a further hour before we were allowed access to our cabins at around 2.00. We managed to squeeze in a visit to the buffet for a snack before going to the cabin. Continue reading... Fantastic Oriana Cruise - our second cruise with P&O

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin