Pride formal nights

cruisetraveler44

Ok, I get that dressing up on a vacation is a real PIA sometimes, but why on earth would you want to miss out on the BEST meals on the cruise in the MDR??

And on top of that, pay extra for the Steakhouse while you are missing out on FREE Fillet and Lobster in the MDR???

Take an extra outfit, (or wear the same one again - wink nod) go to the MDR on formal nights, and THEN when they are serving stroganoff, you go to the Steakhouse.

Will be on the Pride 1/4 - and will not be missing out on my FREE LOBSTER!

I didn't know you were expected to dress up on any nights on Carnival.

A simple pair of Dockers and a polo shirt and you are all set.:)

Bill

This is true. :D But on the first night you can wear what you walked on the ship wearing. No problem, because they know the luggage may not have been delivered yet.

This is true. :D But on the first night you can wear what you walked on the ship wearing. No problem, because they know the luggage may not have been delivered yet.

I usually wear Docker shorts and a polo the other nights that are casual.:)

NCL is even better. Shorts every night.:)

Bill

Ok, I get that dressing up on a vacation is a real PIA sometimes, but why on earth would you want to miss out on the BEST meals on the cruise in the MDR??

And on top of that, pay extra for the Steakhouse while you are missing out on FREE Fillet and Lobster in the MDR???

Take an extra outfit, (or wear the same one again - wink nod) go to the MDR on formal nights, and THEN when they are serving stroganoff, you go to the Steakhouse.

That sure make a lot of sense!!! I am on the Pride 1/4 as well. A group of us are meeting in serenity around 5 pm on the first day. Join us if you can.

Thanks never gave that a thought! Will definately look into another night. With so many people on board who cares if I wear the same dress! Lol!

Unless you walked on in shorts. LOL. One of the guys in our group arrived in a knee length pair of khaki shorts and a polo for our reservation on the first night. The Fun Times indicated no tank tops, gym shorts, etc. He had never sailed Carnival and did not realize that did not apply to the steakhouse the first night. He was told he had to change into long pants, jeans would be fine. Kind of weird, his shorts were much nicer than the jeans. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, as someone stated, the two "formal" nights are the second night (first day at sea) and the day you're in Mahogany Bay. We noticed that the Pride didn't seem to care as much as other ships how "formal" you are.

Just wanted to tell you also, we didn't personally eat at the steakhouse, but we heard from fellow passengers that it was such a waste of money. The food is the SAME as it is in the Normandie for dinner... and ours was "free." Or, for $20.00 extra, you can order off the steakhouse menu in the regular dining room...which saves you $15.00.

Yes' date=' as someone stated, the two "formal" nights are the second night (first day at sea) and the day you're in Mahogany Bay. We noticed that the Pride didn't seem to care as much as other ships how "formal" you are.

Just wanted to tell you also, we didn't personally eat at the steakhouse, but we heard from fellow passengers that it was such a waste of money. The food is the SAME as it is in the Normandie for dinner... and ours was "free." Or, for $20.00 extra, you can order off the steakhouse menu in the regular dining room...which saves you $15.00.[/quote']To set the record straight, formal nights on 7 night cruises are on days 2 and 6, which would be sea day #1 or Monday night and when you're in Grand Cayman or Friday night. With regards to the 20.00 extra for the steakhouse menu option in the MDR, it is not everything that you get at the steakhouse. You get a limited selection of some of the entrees for your 20.00. At the steakhouse, for your 35.00, you get an Amuse Bouche, appetizer, soup, salad, entree, 2 side dishes and dessert. As well as better service and ambiance.

IMHO, the best night to go to the steakhouse is on night 3, which is usually the weakest menu of the week in the MDR or on the last night of your cruise because it's a great way to end your vacation.

If you want to eat.........................go to the buffet.

If you want to eat better............go to the MDR.

If you want to dine.......................go to the Steakhouse.

I was on the Pride 12/7 - 12/14 and the Elegant nights are definitely the first sea day and the night you sail from Roatan. As somebody else mentioned, you will probably be offered a "complimentary bottle of wine" if you go to David's Steakhouse on the night that you sail from Tampa.

Night #2 (first at sea day) and we believe night #5. We just did this in November.

Paul

Hi Paul - Were going on the pride to Belize etc...

Can you suggest any shore excursions or things to do or go that are a must or that we should avoid on Costa Maya, Belize, Roatan or Grand cayman - we love swimming & diving. Also which bar is a good bar to meet people in (Raphael Lounge?) & is there a bar that looks out over the front of the ship?

We just got off the Pride today and formal nights are the first sea day and Roatan. I was shocked by what they allowed in the dining room both casual and elegant evening. Basically as long as you aren't wearing a bathing suit and cover up you can come in and eat dinner.

We went to the Steakhouse Christmas Eve and wasn't impressed. The service was horrible and the food was not that great. We've had better meals at Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse. The flat iron and regular filet I had in the dining room was better. Our table mates went too and said the exact same thing that the food/service wasn't good. They even tried to get their money back ( we didn't) but Carnival refused.Others we talked with on the ship complained as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We are sailing Jan. 11th also out of Tampa. Have been to the steak house on two other Carnival cruises both time on sail away night. Once with my mom and once with my DH. It was a very relaxing evening with a free bottle of wine. The food was very well presented and quite good. The only thing is it as far to much to eat. And the dessert, well mmmmmm!