Mariner (or other Voyager class) balcony door question

We recently booked our first balcony (yay!) for a cruise on Mariner of the Seas. We’re in an aft corner balcony, and I already know to take a bungee cord for the door, since it’s one that swings rather than slides open. Can we have the door open and still have the AC on, or will the door being open shut the AC off? If that’s the case, any words of wisdom to work around it? I know people who have sailed on Carnival have mentioned magnets, is that necessary on RCCL?

Yes, unfortunately the AC does go off if the sliders are open. I am also in a corner aft balcony for 8/26, so if you can wait, I will tell you if the magnets work. My problem is, I don't know how big of a magnet to bring!

Yes, unfortunately the AC does go off if the sliders are open. I am also in a corner aft balcony for 8/26, so if you can wait, I will tell you if the magnets work. My problem is, I don't know how big of a magnet to bring!

I can definitely wait. I have well over a year to go, unfortunately. Fill me in when you get back!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived