Galveston Quesions

Hawg Sailer

Extremely frustrating... Leaving on the Navigator of the Seas on Aug. 16... Trying to find a hotel for one night seems to be a quest for the holy grail.

All the decent hotels don't have rooms available... or a two night stay is required.

I noticed that harbor house opened up for that date but it's 287+ tax on hotels.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extremely frustrating... Leaving on the Navigator of the Seas on Aug. 16... Trying to find a hotel for one night seems to be a quest for the holy grail.

All the decent hotels don't have rooms available... or a two night stay is required.

Summer is high season on the island with a majority of accommodations requiring a 2 night stay.

Also, wait a few months before trying to book a room.

The nearer your sail date, there is the possibility of rooms for one night becoming available.

I just checked on Galveston dot com and they have rooms at the Inn in the Waterpark for $139. I'm not sure how much you want to pay but from what I have seen on here it is a decent place.

Good luck on your search and have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had trouble finding a hotel the night before our 4/26/15 cruise. Lots of places sold out or extremely high priced. I ended up booking the Lost Bayou Bed & Breakfast for $165. The reviews are very good . I will review the B&B when we return.