Need help. What can we do for the day?

SportsMomof4

We get into PC on Saturday 1/3. Our flight doesn't leave until 6 pm from Jacksonville.

Looking for ideas what to do with 6 teens & an 8 year old. I know we drive thru St. Augustine & Daytona Beach. Is there anything for us to do in those areas besides the beach?

Any suggestions would be wonderful as I am from NY & have no idea what to do with them lol!

Thank you!

Have you looked at maps, distances and times yet?

- your drive is 180 miles give or take up 95 (some variation from which rental place you leave from). @ 70 mph average you are looking at a wee bit over 2.5 hours. Off the boat at 7:30, 1 hour to get rental and get on the road, 2.5 hour drive, 30 min to return rental .... gets you to airport at 11:30 or so ... you have about 5 hours to use up assuming you want to be at the airport 1 hour early

- You could spend time at Kennedy Space Center but the tickets are a bit expensive.

- Near the port you can kill some time at Ron Jon and the Pier ... but not 5 hours.

- There are some things to see at the speedway in Daytona. You can drive on the beach if that rocks your boat otherwise the beach isn't better than just going in Canaveral/Cocoa

- I don't think that teens would find St Aug' interesting . . .

- Lots of airboat ride options a wee west of Cocoa