Coffee Question/Drink Packages/Oasis of the Seas

It is tough to search through these forums. I tried before posting this so my apologies for re-posting if this is addressed elsewhere.

I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Drink Package instead of the Premium Package because I drink 3-4 cups of coffee each day and have read that the free coffee available onboard the Oasis is pretty bad. I do not drink lattes, frappuccinos, cappuccinos, etc., just like a good strong cup of coffee, black with nothing, several times/day. A good friend who is a similar coffee drinker as I am told me that I cannot get my daily fix from the free stuff. He was on the Oasis over Thanksgiving.

Onto the question, I was looking at purchasing a drink package and see that the main difference between premium and ultimate is the coffee. Outside of the lattes, frappucchinos, etc. (which I assume is what "Premium Coffee" is), does the ultimate package get anything more as far as coffee goes other than these coffee drinks? If not then the extra $10/day would be a total waste. If yes, can someone please clarify the coffee situation so that I can make an educated decision.

It is tough to search through these forums. I tried before posting this so my apologies for re-posting if this is addressed elsewhere.

I am considering purchasing the Ultimate Drink Package instead of the Premium Package because I drink 3-4 cups of coffee each day and have read that the free coffee available onboard the Oasis is pretty bad. I do not drink lattes, frappuccinos, cappuccinos, etc., just like a good strong cup of coffee, black with nothing, several times/day. A good friend who is a similar coffee drinker as I am told me that I cannot get my daily fix from the free stuff. He was on the Oasis over Thanksgiving.

Onto the question, I was looking at purchasing a drink package and see that the main difference between premium and ultimate is the coffee. Outside of the lattes, frappucchinos, etc. (which I assume is what "Premium Coffee" is), does the ultimate package get anything more as far as coffee goes other than these coffee drinks? If not then the extra $10/day would be a total waste. If yes, can someone please clarify the coffee situation so that I can make an educated decision.

I can only offer my opinion as to the "drinkability" of the regular coffee, since I didn't buy a drink package. We were just on the Oasis for the Dec. 6 sailing. I must have 2 cups of regular coffee every morning or it's not pretty, LOL. I also don't drink any of the elaborate coffee drinks, not even a basic cappuccino or latte, so I had the same question as you before I sailed, and I was wondering whether I needed to buy a package in order to get some decent coffee.

In my opinion, the regular "free" coffee was drinkable and got the job done. I wouldn't call it gourmet at all, but it wasn't terrible. Note that I drink my coffee with plenty of cream, so I can't comment on how it might have tasted black. I can say that the coffee on Oasis was much better than any coffee I've ever had on any cruise ship (although my only basis of comparison is on Carnival). Even after Carnival "improved" their coffee a couple of years ago, I have been underwhelmed.

Our tastes may not be similar, but I was pleasantly surprised with the coffee on Oasis. I've heard before that the brand they use is Seattle's Best, although I didn't ask or see any evidence of that while actually on board the ship.

My mom also drinks her coffee with a lot of creamer and loves RCL's coffee. I use fat free milk and fat free creamer at home so struggle with the coffee options on-board. I've finally given up and gone with tea in the mornings - not my favorite but I can't drink the coffee as it's way to strong and the milk makes it cold and nasty to me.

My mom also drinks her coffee with a lot of creamer and loves RCL's coffee. I use fat free milk and fat free creamer at home so struggle with the coffee options on-board. I've finally given up and gone with tea in the mornings - not my favorite but I can't drink the coffee as it's way to strong and the milk makes it cold and nasty to me.

My wife and I would go to the cafe in Central Park and make our own iced coffee and then take it with us to wherever we plopped down next. It provided us meaning in the middle of the day before we graduated over to the Pomagranite Cosmo's and Apple-tini's. :D