Zip line, Batik Factory and beach all in one day?

onebzemom

A group of six will be in St Kitts from 7-5pm.

Only four of us have a zip line planned through Carnival. We meet at 7:30 and the tour last 2.75 hours. I'm guessing this means we will be back at the ship by 10:30?

Two of us want to visit the Batik factory. But only one of us will be doing the zip line. From reading other posts the Batik factory is close by the zip lines.

Then we want to spend the rest of the day at the beach and are looking at the Marriott. Should we do a different beach? We want to swim, snorkel, and get umbrellas and loungers.

I am trying to organize this day. But not knowing the lay of the land, taxis etc., I'm having a bit of trouble.

Should all of us go to the zip line? What would the other two do while the four of us zip line?

Should the four go back to the ship and then head over to the Batik Factory?

How far is the Batik Factory from the Marriott? and what should I expect in Taxi fare?

Should we get a taxi/van tour and have him just stay with us after the zip line?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated?

• 2 weeks later...
To get a better idea of the lay of the land go to the St Kitts Tourism web page: http://www.stkittstourism.kn there is a tab below the outline map, click that and it is a map of the island that may give you a better idea.

Thanks for the map. It helped getting my bearings. Still trying to coordinate everything with everybody.

I am not sure if the Zip Line provides transportation from Port Zante to the site or not. I have seen vehicles with their name on it when we have been to St Kitts but it could have been advertising. Caribelle Batik is nearby but not really for 6 people that close. Romney Manor is just before the batik, it was the working portion of the plantation and it is very interesting to visit & free. The distance to the Marriott from the zipline & Caribelle area is about 12 miles and I would guess a taxi fare for 6 people would be at $30 or more.