Cruising for Dialysis patients

novelist

A quick search on this board brought up a whole page of threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=60870940

It depends on whether you need hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. With peritoneal, you have to bring all your own supplies. But you can do it on most cruises. Hemodialysis is offered on a few cruises a year, through an organization called dialysis at Sea. the only ship I know of that does hemodialysis on every cruises is Hapag=Lloyd Europa. EM

• 2 weeks later...
Friends of ours are going on a Royal Caribbean through dialysis at sea. I'm not sure how many cruise lines they work with but sounds like there is no reason you should have to stop cruising. :-)

I know I have posted other places on CC.....BUT, we have done dialysis on cruise ship and NO PROBLEMS. DH, Bob, (after transplant kidney rejected) has been on dialysis for over a year. Check with 'dialysis at sea'....there are 'limited' cruises...but enough to satisfy.

Holland America, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean do dialysis. We have booked two cruises in March....Freedom of the Seas out of Pt. Canaveral and

Celebrity, Silhouette out of Ft. Lauderdale. NOW....none of these lines do dialysis on every cruise; just certain ones....reason I said 'limited'. Did dialysis as early as possible each morning so as to not ruin the day. Bob isn't one that has to sleep the rest of day....THANK GOD!! Good luck and don't worry.....we love to cruise and determined to as long as we can. Judy