Faster to the Fun vs. Suite - Honeymoon Need Help!!!!

jesscruiser

Okay, here goes. My fiancé and I are finally getting married! (yay) and have decided to elope and get married first thing in the morning Feb 1, before we board the Liberty, for a 7 day honeymoon cruise. This was all decided this past week before he left for Africa (not yay). Anyway, while he is at work I have to set everything up. I am in the process of booking the cruise and haven't done it yet because I can't get any answers from Carnival. See, we either want to book a balcony room with FTTF or a suite. (we don't want to wait longer than we have too lol). Well I looked online and can't tell if the FTTF is sold out or not. So I called Carnival twice and both people told me "That isn't information Carnival has". If Carnival doesn't have it, who does? They told me they never know how many FTTF are available or when they run out. When I asked who knew, they said they didn't have that information either. So maybe there is a magic genie that decides this stuff, who knows. Anyway, my questions are

1. Does anyone know how to find out if FTTF is sold out for a particular sailing?

2. If I book I suite, I know I get VIP check in, but is the room ready when I board like with FTTF?

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

I would go the roll call board in this forum and ask anyone that has already booked if they could sign into their account and act like they are booking FTTF and report back as to how many FTTF (if any) are still available. Of course it could change quickly and if they are currently sold out it is possible that they may add more later. Good luck and congratulations.

1. As far as I know, you can only check availability of FTTF after you have booked. You go thru the same process as booking a shore excursion. I did have my PVP check one time before booking so I know there is a way. Don't know who she called. You may just have to keep calling until you get someone who knows who to check with.

2. With a suite (we always book suites) you only get VIP boarding. No other perks come with a suite. Your room is ready at the same time everyone elses room is ready.

If you want early cabin access, early luggage delivery, priority tender and priority debark you need FTTF or at least platinum status.

Edited by travler27

Book a balcony. Arrive at the pier at 1pm and your cabin will be ready when you board.

Do NOT book a cruise using your new married name. Use your maiden name and make sure all your documents are in order

Edited by serene56

Call them and ask if fttf is sold out for the cruise you are looking at. Even if sold out, maybe they can free up a spot as an incentive to book.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

That won't happen. They turned me down and I was trying to book 7 day B2B cruises for 2 in an Ocean Suite. They let me walk because they couldn't offer me FTTF on the first cruise. Total fare was $4,700.

Edited by travler27

That won't happen. They turned me down and I was trying to book 7 day B2B cruises for 2 in an Ocean Suite. They let me walk because they couldn't offer me FTTF on the first cruise.

You're right. They won't do that. They have a specific number of spots that is determined by the number of platinum and diamond members on the ship. They don't add more. They do stick to that. If they did it as a booking incentive it would get out of control so quick..

As far as the OP's question the only way to tell if there are any FTTF spots open is through "my cruise manager" and you have to have a cruise booked to do it. Like someone else suggested. I would go to the Roll Call of that cruise and ask someone to look for you. Especially since it determines what kind of cabin you want to book.

Call them and ask if fttf is sold out for the cruise you are looking at. Even if sold out, maybe they can free up a spot as an incentive to book.

I have called them. Twice. They told me there was no way for them to get this information

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Book a balcony. Arrive at the pier at 1pm and your cabin will be ready when you board.

Do NOT book a cruise using your new married name. Use your maiden name and make sure all your documents are in order

Yeah but I will be down there already because I am getting married and all.

Okay, here goes. My fiancé and I are finally getting married! (yay) and have decided to elope and get married first thing in the morning Feb 1, before we board the Liberty, for a 7 day honeymoon cruise. This was all decided this past week before he left for Africa (not yay). Anyway, while he is at work I have to set everything up. I am in the process of booking the cruise and haven't done it yet because I can't get any answers from Carnival. See, we either want to book a balcony room with FTTF or a suite. (we don't want to wait longer than we have too lol). Well I looked online and can't tell if the FTTF is sold out or not. So I called Carnival twice and both people told me "That isn't information Carnival has". If Carnival doesn't have it, who does? They told me they never know how many FTTF are available or when they run out. When I asked who knew, they said they didn't have that information either. So maybe there is a magic genie that decides this stuff, who knows. Anyway, my questions are

1. Does anyone know how to find out if FTTF is sold out for a particular sailing?

2. If I book I suite, I know I get VIP check in, but is the room ready when I board like with FTTF?

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

We just got off Paradise yesterday in the Grand suite which was disappointing to us, but might be ok to others. Regarding the FTTF - there was a clickable purchase option in Manage my booking area of the website where we could have bought it. It didn't look like it would have helped since we had priority embark/disembark. Another poster is correct that there are NO perks for suite cruisers on this line. Congrats on your wedding!

I know the facebook group for our cruise said that previois cruises, close to sailing, they released more fttf spots. I guess because as someone pointed out above, maybe less diamond and platinum guests. This said, does not help in your situation.

From experience, as previously suggested by someone, arrive after 1pm and the crowds should be gone.

We have arrived in Barcelona at 10:30am and were onboard by11pm. We have also arrived at 3:30pm for 4pm depart and were onboard in 15 minutes. Most people want to get on board asap. If you take it easy and arrive later, suite and fttf may not be required.

For our NOLA in March, we may do the aquarium in the morning to pass time before boarding. Maybe your departure port has something close as well.

Edited by Billy101

I know the facebook group for our cruise said that previois cruises, close to sailing, they released more fttf spots. I guess because as someone pointed out above, maybe less diamond and platinum guests. This said, does not help in your situation.

From experience, as previously suggested by someone, arrive after 1pm and the crowds should be gone.

We have arrived in Barcelona at 10:30am and were onboard by11pm. We have also arrived at 3:30pm for 4pm depart and were onboard in 15 minutes. Most people want to get on board asap. If you take it easy and arrive later, suite and fttf may not be required.

For our NOLA in March, we may do the aquarium in the morning to pass time before boarding. Maybe your departure port has something close as well.

I would take it easy and try not to board asap, except for the whole I will be right by the port getting married and all.

I received an email back from Carnival. They stated " Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Faster to the Fun (FTTF) is sold like a shore tour for the home port."

Thanks carnival for your assistance in not answering my question at all....,

I received an email back from Carnival. They stated " Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Faster to the Fun (FTTF) is sold like a shore tour for the home port."

Thanks carnival for your assistance in not answering my question at all....,

I didnt think they would help you. See, Its capacity controlled and if they told you they had one and you did not see the email until an hour later-- and it ws gone-=how pi$$ed will you be. Our Spledor cruise in February has been sold out for a long time now. I agree with the above poster....go to the roll call and ask someone to check the booking.

See if is available.

They only sell 30 per sailing

Edited by serene56

I didnt think they would help you. Its capacity controlled. I agree with the above poster....go to the roll call and ask someone to check the booking.

See if is available.

They only sell 30 per sailing

I understand it is capacity controlled. I am not asking if they can open up a space or anything like that. I am only asking if it is still available. Carnival by far has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I am seriously just thinking of booking the disney Magic sailing that same day. At least with them I already know the answer to my fttf question since they don't offer it. Sorry for ranting guys, is just frustrating that no one at carnival seems to even care [emoji30]. I have posted on the roll call btw.

I didnt know that disney sold FTTF on their cruises... I thought cabins will be available as soon as you got on anyways.

Princess does that -- cabins are available as soon as you board

Edited by serene56

I didnt know that disney sold FTTF on their cruises... I thought cabins will be available as soon as you got on anyways.

Princess does that -- cabins are available as soon as you board

Disney doesn't offer fttf. That is why I said I would already know the answer to my question since they don't offer it lol