Independence of the Seas B2B review for 12/6 and 12/14 sailings.

hungryg

Thinking to myself "maybe no more cruises after this one and sticking with our relaxed Hawaiian vacations. No dress codes and only need to pack swimsuits, tops and shorts." ;)

Cruising is still an enjoyable way to vacation; you just need to realize that there are some people who will judge you regardless - wear what is comfortable to you, let them wear what they want - no ones cruise is going to be affected by you attire

Happy cruising

OP or anyone recently on the Independence. Did you notice if they allowed dressy shorts in the MDR on casual evenings?

FYI - I was just looking at some of the daily compasses and it states shorts, caps etc. are "not recommended" that is a far cry from prohibited - so wear what you are comfortable in and enjoy your vacation

Cruising is still an enjoyable way to vacation; you just need to realize that there are some people who will judge you regardless - wear what is comfortable to you, let them wear what they want - no ones cruise is going to be affected by you attire

Happy cruising

This is the absolute truth to me.

FYI - I was just looking at some of the daily compasses and it states shorts, caps etc. are "not recommended" that is a far cry from prohibited - so wear what you are comfortable in and enjoy your vacation

Good to hear, yes a far cry from PROHIBITED. Thanks for finding this.

OP or anyone recently on the Independence. Did you notice if they allowed dressy shorts in the MDR on casual evenings?

On our recent Christmas cruise, my brother wore shorts every night and they were far from "dressy" - even formal night! We were all embarrassed! Thankfully, after he was seated no one knew. No one said anything.

Edited by essgee_ca

I'm not sure I have too many tips or tricks other than to get on IOS and live it up! We found our best advice came from either these CC forums or meeting frequent cruisers on board, getting to know them and getting ideas from them. It also helps when staff on board are open and honest with their replies to your question and don't just give you the standard RC reply to some basic questions. Hope that helps!!

Thank you the info.

I know I will have a good time, but I am the type of person that NEEDS to by FULLY prepared BEFORE I get on board.

Plus, most of my past cruises were on Carnival, and this will only be my second with RCCL, so I wanted to see what the differences are going to be.