Worthing beach - getting there and back & good??

Frznrth

Hi

My family will be in the Barbados in April with RC. We are looking for a nice beach to hang out, snorkel, hopefully see turtles, have lunch etc. From what I read Worthing beach sounds ideal.

My wife is a bit concerned though about getting there and back to the cruise. Is it far? Easy enough to get a ride back to the boat?

The catamaran ride option sound nice too but sometimes crowded? Don't really want to be fighting for space/time - going in from a beach just sounds more relaxing as long as all goes well - thoughts?

Thanks much.

Hi

My family will be in the Barbados in April with RC. We are looking for a nice beach to hang out, snorkel, hopefully see turtles, have lunch etc. From what I read Worthing beach sounds ideal.

My wife is a bit concerned though about getting there and back to the cruise. Is it far? Easy enough to get a ride back to the boat?

The catamaran ride option sound nice too but sometimes crowded? Don't really want to be fighting for space/time - going in from a beach just sounds more relaxing as long as all goes well - thoughts?

Thanks much.

When you say Worthing Beach are you referring to Accra/Rockley Beach?

If so it is a fair distance but you can get to and from quite easily via taxi.

I am not sure how good the snorkeling is from this beach.

Hi

I think it goes by Worthing - or that might be the neighbourhood where it's at. I asked a friend of a friend that lives in Barbados. He didn't think it was such a great place but didn't say why. The few comments that I have found said it was a great place to see turtles right at the beach.

Any suggestions for a beach that would have turtles?

Thanks much.

Hi

I think it goes by Worthing - or that might be the neighbourhood where it's at. I asked a friend of a friend that lives in Barbados. He didn't think it was such a great place but didn't say why. The few comments that I have found said it was a great place to see turtles right at the beach.

Any suggestions for a beach that would have turtles?

Thanks much.

While Worthing and Rockley/Accra share the same shoreline, the beaches are completely different. Worthing is not really an area that attracts much beach goers.

I know that turtles normally come ashore to nest in the Accra area so I am thinking that you should be able to spot some turtles in that area and i know they are some just off the area where the boatyard is located.

There are many others but these are the 2 that come to mind immediately.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably try to check out a couple of beaches. Is it more common to see turtles in the morning or afternoon?

Yes the Worthing I was asking about is where the Carib bar is - or used to be.