WWYD? Give up an aft D1 for a side JS on Freedom?

flagger

Here is a secret. Sometimes the conditions are such on the aft that a light rain will produce a rainbow. Here is a picture we took from the balcony...just a little memory we have that brings a smile:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/detail?.dir=3e6a&.dnm=acc5.jpg&.src=ph

So glad you took the plunge....you will love that bigger cabin and Mrs. Flagger will love that closet!

That photo is the only thing that I don't like about the cabin. I wonder if I am going to hate having that superstructure in my view and in every picture from my cabin. I know I can always go up top, but the nice thing about having a balcony is NOT having to go get crowded for pictures with the "plebians" (just kidding).

I think the extra room will be nice and of course the double credit will help. I was telling Ms. Flagger we should see if a JS is available on the Vision this fall and we would then be able to move up to the next level after our Freedom Cruise. ;)

Flagger,

I am posting a link of a picture we took from the aft balcony as we were leaving Labadee and as you can see, we were able to get a picture without the steel in the way. The rainbow was taken to the side and up, hence the steel.

You really do get used to the superstructure and just look thru it. I think that, although an aft balcony on the Vision or Radiance class is better viewwise, you will still be satisfied. Here is the pic:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/detail?.dir=/3e6a&.dnm=3f60.jpg&.src=ph

As I have posted before, I love the JS and have never been tempted to move up in cabin size. With your daughter in tow, it will be a really nice perk. I am a pretty picky person (perfectionist, etc.)...one reason I love the newer ships...all the bells and whistles and I still was not bothered by the aft structure on the Explorer. I think it will be one of those things you have to experience and chalk up any negative reaction to the learning curve since you will still be on a great cruise in a great cabin.....and nothing that small will ruin it.

I will be interested to hear the ongoing saga of what cabin you will sail in....Hope I helped just a little. Deb

Flagger,

I am posting a link of a picture we took from the aft balcony as we were leaving Labadee and as you can see, we were able to get a picture without the steel in the way. The rainbow was taken to the side and up, hence the steel.

You really do get used to the superstructure and just look thru it. I think that, although an aft balcony on the Vision or Radiance class is better viewwise, you will still be satisfied. Here is the pic:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/detail?.dir=/3e6a&.dnm=3f60.jpg&.src=ph

As I have posted before, I love the JS and have never been tempted to move up in cabin size. With your daughter in tow, it will be a really nice perk. I am a pretty picky person (perfectionist, etc.)...one reason I love the newer ships...all the bells and whistles and I still was not bothered by the aft structure on the Explorer. I think it will be one of those things you have to experience and chalk up any negative reaction to the learning curve since you will still be on a great cruise in a great cabin.....and nothing that small will ruin it.

I will be interested to hear the ongoing saga of what cabin you will sail in....Hope I helped just a little. Deb

Would not take an aft cabin on Voyager class of ship due to complete lack of privacy we saw, and humming type white noise we heard while in Island Cafe/rear Windjammer. Have taken JS on this class, port/starboard and it was wonderful.

Deck 10 Aft cabins do have privacy as no one can see you from above. The lower aft balconies can be observed from above.

Archived