A few questions

chelley599

I posted this in the Cozumel forum but have the same questions about Grand Cayman. I have a few questions and hope someone will help me out.

This is my husband and I's first trip to Grand Cayman. We have no children and are just looking for a relaxing day. We are taking a RCCL cruise in February and this is one of our ports of call. We are curious about a few things. We are thinking of not booking an excursion through the cruise line because we have noticed we can get better deals on our own. My questions are:

1. Is it a safe area to go out on our own or should we stick with the cruise excursion?

2. How hard is it to get a taxi to get somewhere? Are the lines for taxis insane? If we want to go to the beach, is it easy enough to just take a taxi to one?

3. Recommend the best place to go if we just want to relax on the beach. We are worried about things being super crowded since it is a vacation week for many schools in the U.S. We don't want to pet sting rays and have already swum with dolphins in Nassau last April so really we just want to find an nice lounge chair under an umbrella and read and enjoy the beach/pool.

4. Are there any resorts that are easy to get to that offer day passes that may be an option?

5. Finally, I remember reading about a shore excursion company that books excursions and is a good company but can't remember the name.

Sorry for all of the questions and I appreciate any help and guidance.

GC is very safe....and instead of cabs, use the bus! Easy, cheap, and runs very regularly! Any part of 7 Mile Beach is fine....there are restrooms, chair rentals, watersport rentals and food/drink all up and down the beach. You do NOT need a "day pass" to have a great beach day!