Embarking with several disabled passengers NCL

travelnut1

We are on the 1.4.15 NCL Star Panama Canal cruise leaving from LA and are traveling with family with some issues. I didn't realize that passengers might have to stand for long periods of time to check in to a cruise (first time cruisers). Please let me know what you suggest I do to make this easier for them.

MIL-age 67 has a degenerative spine disorder. She can get around fine (steps, walking ect) but standing in line for two hours she will be in pain.

DH's Aunt-age 63 has a hip that is going to be replaced next year.

Aunts best friend age 65- on oxygen-with balance issues. She plans to stay on the ship for most ports.

They will be traveling with us-two adults in their early 40's and our two boys ages 13 & 10. We will be helping them however we can. Thank you for any advice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by travelnut1

We are on the 1.4.15 NCL Star Panama Canal cruise leaving from LA and are traveling with family with some issues. I didn't realize that passengers might have to stand for long periods of time to check in to a cruise (first time cruisers). Please let me know what you suggest I do to make this easier for them.

MIL-age 67 has a degenerative spine disorder. She can get around fine (steps, walking ect) but standing in line for two hours she will be in pain.

DH's Aunt-age 63 has a hip that is going to be replaced next year.

Aunts best friend age 65- on oxygen-with balance issues. She plans to stay on the ship for most ports.

They will be traveling with us-two adults in their early 40's and our two boys ages 13 & 10. We will be helping them however we can. Thank you for any advice.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Suggest you contact either your TA or NCL which ever you booked with and have it noted in their bookings that wheelchair assistance will be needed . NCL only provides this service on embarkation and disembarkation days.

Once at the terminal contact any NCL representative and the individual s will be directed to a seating area to wait for wheelchair assistance. Wheelchair assistance is provided on a first come first served basis. If wheelchair assistance is required during the cruise than they required to bring one or rent one prior to the cruise from NCL's approved vendor which is http://www.specialneedsatsea.com