Christmas on Pride 2014

P&B Toronto

This was my first cruise on Carnival. I have only cruised Norwegian before. I had read a lot of reviews about the Pride before the cruise, almost everything I read was not true on our cruise or is not my opinion of things. We choose what we focus on in life.Overall the cruise was great. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how, can someone help me out.

Glad you had a good cruise! There should be a little icon at the top of the area where you type that looks like a yellow background with a mountain, if you hover over it it says "insert image." Click on that and follow the instructions. Can't wait to see your cruise pics!

Very glad to hear this for all of the future Pride cruisers. Maybe they are finally getting it together after the refurb. We were on her the first week in December. Horrible...just horrible.

It would be great to read a good review for the Pride. Looking forward to it.

We arrived in Tampa and went to our hotel Best Western Tampa. It was packed with Green Bay Packer fans, the cheese heads had a a lot of fun. The pool area and beach volleyball area were great. the views of the sunset were amazing. The food at Hogans was not great. We are not used to eating really greasy food. The next morning I was working out in the gym and the guy next to me pointed out dolphins swimming in the Bay. We went outside and watched the dolphins swim around for about an hour. IMG_4585_zpse1bf1708.jpg

People had said that they had received a letter saying embarking would be delayed due to tests. We decided to stay at the hotel till 11:30 and then head to the ship. We got on the ship about 15 minutes after we got to the cruise terminal. We put our carry on in the room and headed upstairs to eat. Guys Burger and the burritos were really good. Here is a view of Channelside and the other ships. IMG_4859_zps004ee574.jpg

Edited by P&B Toronto

The food was ok to great. To be honest I was disappointed with the bitter and blanc. My brother in law and sister both make way better bread pudding. I guess the build up for the wcmc caused a bit of a let down. My favourite lunches were the 1. Caribbean lunch (not surprising seeing as I am from Jamaica) 2. Guys Burgers (I had two) 3. Burritos Breakfast was good with lots of options. My favourites were 1. Breakfast burrito 2. Oat meal with blueberries, almonds and 1/2 and 1/2 cream IMG_4634_zpsc9fc3679.jpg

This was one of my favourite suppers - jerk pork loin

The sea lion show was fun DSCF5283_zps5a1709c9.jpg

There were lots of fish snorkelling but not much corral DSCF5298_zps839e1461.jpg

The grouper was almost 4 feet long

DSCF5305_zpsba3fb94a.jpg

I swam on the outside of the dolphin enclosure one of them came over a number of times to check me out. The first time was nose to nose but I didn't have my camera ready.

DSCF5273_zps05b26e4b.jpg

The pelicans sat on the rocks for over an hour.

As we sailed away from Cozumel here was the sun set from our balcony IMG_4630_zps0c00b471.jpg

I had read really bad reviews about the shows. We really enjoyed the show the first night. It was the 80's music show. The singers and dancers were all really talented. I think that lots of people had also read bad reviews because the Taj Mahal theatre was only ever about half full for the 8:15 shows.

We went on this cruise too. The Pride is a wonderful ship and the crew was great. WE did not care for the CD though and think the activity schedule on many days was so very underwhelming. I'd go on the Pride again in a heartbeat though.