Christmas on Pride 2014

P&B Toronto

pghsteelerfan, thanks for your comments. I love the island of Roatan, it is really beautiful. I can't wait to get back to Mahogany Bay to snorkel. The cruise was good to get away and remember, December 2013 my mom was diagnosed with cancer and died 10 days later. Cruising brings back memories of cruising with my parents when I was a kid.

pghsteelerfan, thanks for your comments. I love the island of Roatan, it is really beautiful. I can't wait to get back to Mahogany Bay to snorkel. The cruise was good to get away and remember, December 2013 my mom was diagnosed with cancer and died 10 days later. Cruising brings back memories of cruising with my parents when I was a kid.

I didn't know about your mom. I am so sorry. That sounds very similar to my DH's father, cancer diagnosis and died a month later. That was 10 years ago. He loved cruising and had been on quite a few. We had the opportunity to cruise with him once in 2000. I'm glad that cruising brings back memories of cruises with your parents when you were a kid. Again, very sorry to hear about your mom.

The pool water is salt. Btw, there is a jacuzzi by the gym that looks like it's for people who are getting spa treatments, it's not and it's hardly used. Carnival needs to turn up the temperature in their jacuzzis. The gym is great, I was in there at least once a day. One morning I decided to do the stretch and abs class, it starts at 7 am. The abs class was intermediate, yikes! It was a killer, probably 1,000 crunches lots of variety.

You just got evicted from the Steeler fan club :p

Awww, come on! LOL!!! :D Not only did I have a feeling they were going to lose (the coaching staff doesn't change it up and they are always out coached) but had I picked the Steelers to win, it would have been a double loss for me. I was 4 for 4 in that pool and actually beat DH for a change. :D

Having sailed Carnival now, do you have a preference between NCL and Carnival? We had an NCL cruise booked once but got nervous as we read many posts about "nickel and diming" you on NCL. so we cancelled and went back to Carnival. We keep wondering what we are missing, but now with the few platinum benefits we have with Carnival, we are hesitant to go be a newbie on another line.

Edited by RNRSC

LOL, in February, David did not have a leaf.

Yep, they covered up his cannoli. Probably mirrors covering up the breasts on the wallpaper in the hallways.

Edited by YorN

pghsteelerfan, I was 4 for 4. This week will be harder to pick. Go with my head or my heart?

Great question...I had a tough time with this one, but I went with my head. That's why I picked Baltimore over Pittsburgh last week. :) I ended up taking all the home teams except for Denver vs. Indianapolis. Denver is favored but if any team is going to crumble, it will probably be Denver. I just hope I beat DH again this week. Good luck with your picks.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Contrary to what happened on earlier cruises, the debarking was totally smooth. We sat on the Lido deck, played ping pong and waited for our zone to be called. We were getting a cab about 10 minutes after the announcement. We stayed at the Marriott Westshore for one night to avoid the stress of making a flight.

So we are back to freezing temperatures, ugh! We live right by the lake, here are a few shots from our house. The first is after an ice storm

IMG_7360_zps66015e46.jpg

IMG_4056_zpsa34464a6.jpg

IMG_4060_zps642731d6.jpg

I grew up in Jamaica, I love the ocean and can't wait till I am on the ocean again, wether on a cruise or snorkelling over a reef. Thanks for following along. May your next cruise be your best ever. One last pic - Doctors Cave, where I learned to swim.

IMG_3912_zps893dfb12.jpg

Hope you are wrong about Denver. I think Green Bay may be in trouble.

I hope I am too, I'd love to see them get to the Superbowl and win it but to to that they can't let the pressure get to them.

I just have to tell you again how much I enjoyed your review and I also love the pictures you just posted of the ice storm, snow, and the lake. I'll bet it's also a beautiful view in the summer. We had three inches of snow the other night but it's starting to melt but winter is far from over. We spent a week in Jamaica (Negril) in September 2007 and fell in love with it and I'm looking forward to when we can go back again. We were planning to in 2012, but just couldn't swing it due to DH just starting a new position a few months prior. That was one of our favorite vacations and I too, LOVE the ocean. Thank you for taking the time to do a review and hope to see another one someday soon. :)

click that button and insert the following url:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/2cornerstone2/IMG_4851_zps57562edb.jpg

in your first link of that post, you have an [ img ] http:// [ url] tag (it's broken). similar in the second one, but different sequence.

i typically use the 'direct' link of the 4 on the right, and then the button here and input the url directly. hope that works :)

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.