Sim Card question

Sims Card

Has anyone ever used one for over seas calls or data? I will be in Australia for a few days before and two weeks after - have been looking for a sims card - I have UnLocked my Iphone - but really confused to the plans out there

Optus looks interesting but still confusing

Anyone here have any experience with these?

If you are coming to Oz, you have a number of options with sim cards, the best chance you have of making a call or getting reception is with Telstra.

If you just want to talk try a simple prepaid sim gives txt as well, you can buy a range of sim cards at ALMOST any super market or petrol station, you dont have to go to a dedicated business shop.

If you are planning to talk text and use data for email etc then it starts getting complicated.

There are OTHER companies that offer good deals on data that use the OPTUS network which may work if you are in the larger cities.

Edited by 6666oz

If you're staying in the city, the cheaper ones (Dodo, Vodafone) will be fine, however, if you plan on leaving the CBD definitely go with Telstra for coverage, you simply won't have any service at all a short way out of the cities with the cheaper ones.

Try Boost mobile. It runs on the Telstra network (3G not 4g) is well priced (max $40 for 30 days, shorter cheaper options available too) Google to find their website for further details. I live in country Australia with terrible reception so am limited to using the telstra network, I just switched to them and am happy.