Anyone Sail the Margaret Todd in Bar Harbor?

catdancers

Does anyone have first hand Knowledge of the Windjammer Margaret Todd? We're thinking of this excursion, but am worried about the motion. Many of the posts here talk about people being green around the gills during their boat excursions.

Would be grateful for any info about the Margaret Todd and its facilities. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Like any vessel on the seas; motion sickness probability depends on the weather. I sailed on the Margaret Todd on a lovely day. The waves were small and wind driven. So there was no problem with motion sickness. The Margaret Todd stays in Frenchman's Bay rather than out on the ocean. And she tends to stay close to the Porcupine islands; they can help block the waves. If you are really seasick prone; then I would take a Bonine and go on the boat. I enjoyed it immensely.

• 3 months later...

I did a three-day trip on the Natalie Todd (predecessor of the Margaret Todd) many years ago. She was a beautiful and interesting ship, although if I had to do it again, I'd much rather take an afternoon trip than a long weekend. At that time, there was no comfortable seating on the deck - you had to build a little nest out of life preservers if you wanted a comfy place to relax. Good fun, though! The Margaret Todd looks just as good.

Lisa

Archived