Late Seating Fantasy

flhokie

What time is the late seating Dining on the Fantasy? The DCL website lists late seating as 7:30-8, but posts on here have referred to times after 8 pm. What alternatives are there for dinner?

We are looking at a sailing with my parents & my DD. My mother cannot eat late for medical reasons, but early seating is already full. She might be ok up until about 8, but anything later would mean she'd be up all night not feeling well. I want to make sure she has an option other than the dining room & other than pizza & chicken nuggets--possibly eating in advance & joining us at the table--just not eating if it comes down to that.

Late seating is typically 8:15....although it does sometimes vary 15 minutes either direction.

OK, to get main seating--first, ask to be wait listed for main. Then call DCL every few weeks to ask the status of the wait list. Since this is for a legit medical reason, make that clear when you ask to be wait listed AND fill out the special request form available on line (used to be titled "medical form.") Finally, if you don't have main by the time you board, go to "dining changes" and ask if they can move you, again making the medical situation clear.

And if all else fails, the pool deck restaurant, Cabanas, becomes a sit down restaurant for dinner on all but the first and last nights of the cruise. Dress is casual, and you can go up any time during the hours they are open and be seated within minutes. There is a menu as well as a salad bar. It is sit down, not buffet. Real food, not chicken fingers and pizza.

As usual moki'smommy is giving great advice. In addition, Cabanas dinner service is 6:30 to 8:30 pm and you can get almost everything that is served in the rotational dining rooms, so the only thing your are missing out on is the ambience.

However, if you are persistent and follow moki'smommy's pointers I think you will be sucessful in getting changed to early dining ay 5:45.