Pearl - Reggae Cruise - Roy's Review

ReggaeRoy

So, I'm fairly certain we will book next month for the 2nd leg of this year's shamrock reggae cruise. Your pictures are fabulous. Meeting Cindy B in the elevator!!!!!! I would have so many questions for her.and I have a couple for you, if you don't mind. My husband is Jamaican, so this provides us with a great opportunity to visit family in Ochi. We'd like to bring our children along for that reason, as well as to enjoy a cruise and the "daytime" parties. Did you see any children on the first cruise? Was the atmosphere relatively "family friendly" during the day? We are by no means prudish, and I can always move them away from smoke, if need be, but if it's EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME, we may need to rethink. Just wondering your opinion, based on what you experienced. Thanks for your time. (Ps kids are 7 and 4)

There were very few children on the first cruise. Most of them were toddlers in carriages. It was a friendly atmosphere overall. Everyone just seemed to get along great. Very little smoke to deal with. That was usually at night - during the performances.

We are booked for cruise 2 this year. I hope you decide to go.

• 10 months later...
There were very few children on the first cruise. Most of them were toddlers in carriages. It was a friendly atmosphere overall. Everyone just seemed to get along great. Very little smoke to deal with. That was usually at night - during the performances.

We are booked for cruise 2 this year. I hope you decide to go.

Did you make the cruise in 2015? Looking for another review or just your experience. We are looking to go 2016 on Royale Caribbean.

Hi ReggaeRoy!

Thank you for your review of the Norwegian Pearl and how it was. I was on the Pearl in January 2015 for Groove Cruise and will be returning again for Groove Cruise in just under 3 weeks time. We're heading to Jamaica too and Bamboo Beach Club is being turned private for the ship's event with Bingo Players as the main act there. I'm very inquisitive about the beach as from aerial shots it seemed small with a lot of trees towards the beach area. Did the entire ship offload to this spot or was the shore excursion you took done as part of regular daytime activities?

Unlike Groove Cruise which does music 24/7, it seems like your cruise only had entertainment on the pool deck at night. So from what I gathered the beach stop must not have been for entertainment purposes. Just trying to get a feel for the place. The pictures don't load on this computer so I will check them out tonight when I get in.

Thanks for the review and help!

Yes, We took the whole family of 4 on this years Welcome to Jamrock Reggae Cruise. We had another blast of a time.

Re: Bamboo Beach. No, it was a Norwegian VIP excursion that we took. Open bar and tons of great food. It is a fairly small beach with lots of shade. The beach chairs are nice and sturdy. The sand is NOT that beautiful white sand we are used to. Not sure why. Also, you need to walk to either end for swimming.

Yes, our music shows were at night (6pm to midnight) on the Lido deck (12). They covered one of the pools and put up a stage.

We decided not to go on the 2016 cruise... We are cruising to the Bahamas in March and my wife turns 60 this summer. I am planning on a major bash for that.