Rum Runners

photogpab

Just discovered these - they have them for sale on Amazon and I am not sure if I should order some for our cruise in 4 days. The reviews are solid but... I cant fathom how these plastic containers simply slip by security??

Has anyone tried using them on Oasis recently? Do they really work? Would save me a lot of money on alcohol as we like to drink but are on a tight budget.

I highly recommend Shampbooze! (Search for it on Amazon.) Usually, old containers that are re-purposed have a funny smell or taste from the original product, but these containers are made for carrying alcohol. I just throw a few Shampbooze bottles in my toiletry bag and cross my fingers! Perhaps I'm being naive, but my hope is that the security people only think "Wow, these people must have beautiful hair if they shampoo and condition this much!" :p

There are many how to and success video's online. We are not drinkers but I found the that techniques quite interesting and entertaining to watch. One note seems like all the video are related about sneaking alcohol on to Carnival cruises. Don't know if that means Royal is better at catching people of it's because Royal has better plans so people don't need to sneak it in.

You can buy booze that's already in plastic;)

Yes, but some tops are metal which will show up, and trigger security concerns and probably a search. Plastic is plastic! I hear that plastic in plastic tends provide an interesting dynamic; if the right plastic are used! [emoji6]

The beverage package works great. Last cruise I didn't even finish my allowed alcohol brought on board; due to I didn't want to walk all the way back to my aft cabin, and I just ordered what I wanted at the bar or more wine refills.

Enjoy all! [emoji41]

I've talked to people who were sent to the nauty room because their rum runners were detected.

Smuggling is always going to be a risk. There is no guarantee your booze will make it in your luggage.

We've always packed 2 rumruners in each suitcase. One on each side of the suitcase. Lock your luggage. And if caught and called down to open your luggage, you show and give security only one rumruner. We've been caught once but this trick worked.