Need advice booking first Disney cruise

Kaki

I'm a repeat cruiser on other cruise lines and I like to shop for the best price. I need help understanding the best way to shop for a Disney cruise. We think summer of 2016. When will summer itineraries be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "normal" cruises for summer 2016 will be released any time now. By normal, I mean 3/4/7 nights out of Port Canaveral. Other cruises are sometimes released later as the are working on the details.

In general, the earlier you book, the better price you get. IF you are not picky about dates and are cruising off season, you can often pick up *GT rates (restricted rates where there are no refunds, you don't choose your cabin, etc). which can be significantly discounted on cruises that are not selling well. These are typically offered 74 days or less prior to cruising. They are often about the same rate as the day 1 release rates. On DCL prices go up as the ship fills.

SO, your best bet is to book as soon as dates are released. You can do this by being aware of the boards, checking the DCL site regularly, ...or I have a travel agent who will notify me as soon as they know the release date and even take an advance order so that I get what I want.

If you are not using an agent who specializes in DCL, you should be (my opinion only). BUT shop carefully; not all agents or agencies are created equal!