No-so-obstructed balcony on the Royal

Weluv2cruise2007

We're trying to select our room for an upcoming cruise, and the obstructed or partially obstructed are a good value. I know some are more or less obstructed than others. We require a deluxe balcony (need the pull-out couch) so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a room which is less obstructed than others? Are the ones which say door obstructed when upper berth in use only obstructed by the upper berth? That wouldn't matter to us as we won't use it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

A gentleman named Renmar has a web site where he posts pictures of Obstructed pictures of Princess ships. If you google that, it should pop up. I google "Renmar obstructed cabins Princess Cruise line" and it comes up. Work with the wording if it does not. It will come up eventually. I think it is a much visited web site.

It is a wonderful site. And it is very generous of him to take the time to do it.

Edited by AmberTeka

We were in a deluxe balcony cabin E332 on the Royal. It was listed as partially obstructed. The obstruction is a lifeboat below the railing of the balcony. You had a perfect view out. You just couldn't see below you. I would book it again, as I didn't feel the roof of a tender was really much of an obstruction. Hope that helps.