Haven Suite Selection Questions

bwelborn

Experienced cruiser here, but never on NCL. I am going to be booking a Haven suite for an upcoming trip and have done lots of reading about the Haven in general. What I can not figure out is the difference between the forward facing penthouse versus the courtyard penthouse. The aft facing is always cheaper, but appears to be nicer because it's two rooms. Is it that the courtyard is on the deck with the Haven pool, etc? Any help with my choice between the two would help. Also, it's just myself and my spouse traveling.

So do you guys think it's important to be closer to the Haven area versus being on a lower deck and having to travel to the Haven area. I am trying to decide if this is important to me or if I would like having the two room cabin?

Probably will be on the Getaway

If you are seeing the Haven aft facing penthouse less expensive than either the forward or courtyard Penthouse jump on that quick. :)

I've had the aft facing penthouses twice on the Breakaway (sister-ship) and the large balcony is definitely worth the walk to the Haven area.

This was put together by a wonderful CC member...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Click the blue X's for photos.

Edited by Got Tequila?

No, the forward facing was cheaper. Yes, I understand the draw of the aft facing. My husband just solved this. He said he wanted to be in the Haven area.

Any other tips I should know before booking in regards to the Haven?

No, the forward facing was cheaper. Yes, I understand the draw of the aft facing. My husband just solved this. He said he wanted to be in the Haven area.

Any other tips I should know before booking in regards to the Haven?

Just know that you're dooming yourself to never being able to sail in a non-suite room again :) We choose to cruise less often and go in suites each time - you'll love it!

Just know that you're dooming yourself to never being able to sail in a non-suite room again :) We choose to cruise less often and go in suites each time - you'll love it!

I have to second this.... You're spoiled after a taste of the suite life. We went from the BA Haven to a regular balcony cabin on the Gem. Although we had fun, we joked to each other about being "commoners" again, and so we will be booking a suite for our next cruise before the end of this currant promotion.

It's just a whole different experience.

I've stayed in the Fwd and Aft penthouses on the Breakaway. The walk or elevator ride up to the Haven from the Fwd is no problem at all. It's a much bigger room with a separate living room and larger bathroom. Haven penthouses aren't much bigger than standard balconies. I would recommend Fwd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I prefer to actually be in the haven if i am staying in a haven cabin

It is very nice to walk out of your cabin and be directly in the haven to enjoy all it has to offer without traveling too far to get to the haven

We have stayed in an aft penthouse on the Epic, and 2 bedroom suite on the Getaway. We very much preferred being in the actual Haven area. It really did make a big differnce to be able to walk right out your door to the Haven pool, restaurant, bar, sundeck, etc. I know people say the walk from other locations is not bad, but it does feel very different to have a cabin IN the Haven. The only negative about being IN the Haven is that you may not explore the ship as much. We hardly explored the Getaway at all, preferring the piece and tranquility of the Haven area.