Fun shops

MTGreen

The liquor you buy at the store, duty free, will be delivered late the last day of your cruise. You can order a bottle from Bon voyage or (I believe) room service to use in your room. It is much more expensive than the duty free. We've ordered online before our cruise and it was in our room when we boarded. Water and beer.

Does anyone buy alcohol from the fun shops for on the cruise? I've thought about getting water, which I've read people say it was worth it. But would like a bottle of alcohol for the room.
We have ordered from Bon Voyage several times for our room and it seem like a decent deal but we go in Feb. on Pride and the prices have doubled since last Carnival cruise. Not really worth it to me. Also have to remember if you don't drink it all and you are flying it could be difficult to get what is left over home. We have only ordered when we were driving to the port.

If you buy alcohol in the shops during your cruise, you won't get it until the night before debark. You can have it in your room if you pre-order it online before you cruise, but be prepared to drop $$$$$$$$. It is ridiculously overpriced. I would much rather purchase the cheers package than spend $80 per bottle of vodka!

I've ordered for our last two cruises and the one coming up in 2 weeks. The bottles are huge and last all week, for us it works out well. We can make our drinks as strong/or light as we want. We bring our Coca Cola in the carryon(love those small cans).

I've ordered for our last two cruises and the one coming up in 2 weeks. The bottles are huge and last all week, for us it works out well. We can make our drinks as strong/or light as we want. We bring our Coca Cola in the carryon(love those small cans).

They are 1 liter bottles, not standard 5ths you get in US. Higher priced, but if you like a certain drink it may be a better value. I like Kahalu'u and cream. I can get milk at the buffet and keep in fridge to make my own drinks. Way less than a drink from the bar.

Thanks so much for all the advice. We thought about trying to smuggle like others have. Just can't do it. I'll order stuff to have in our room the day we arrive. Holidays seem to be all about relaxing and spending $$. So excited for our first cruise and have learned so much on here.

I used to smuggle but found ordering one or two bottles for the cabin to be much more convenient. Now I always just purchase Cheers. I also always order 8 of the large bottles of water for the cabin.