Boston to Bermuda - Temperatures

Blondie419ag

Hello all! I have been on a bunch of cruises but never out of my home city of Boston. I'm curious if anyone has been on the ship in either May or September. I was wondering if it was cold on the ship the beginning and end when you are in more Northern Atlantic waters.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Ashley

Took the BA the second week of September in 2013.......the temps were great. Mid to high 80's during the day and low 70's at night. Water temp the three days in port was 82F

Edited by Laszlo

We cruised the middle of May in 2013 and 2014 from Boston. It was cool in Boston, beautiful (low 80's) in Bermuda. It was sweatshirt weather leaving Boston at that time. Both cruises were very windy on the trip back and you could hardly walk outside.

Went the first week in Sept last year. Going out was comfortable -- it was warm in Boston. The last sea day coming back was a bit cool. Not freezing or anything, but a strong cool breeze coming in, and somewhat misty, which made it a bit more uncomfortable. Perfectly fine for walking and sitting outside, but probably less likely to sunbathe for hours.

I've done the Dawn to Bermuda the second week of October a few years back, and although the nights at sea generally required a sweater ( at least for me! ) the weather during the day was gorgeous and Bermuda temps were high 70's low 80's. We had no issue swimming at all.

I've also done NY to Bermuda this past May. I'd say temps were generally the same. Very breezy at sea and I tended to wear shawls on deck in the evenings. Again, temps on the island were warm and pleasant, not super hot or uncomfortable. We were still snorkeling and enjoying the sunshine!

I'll be booking Boston to Bermuda again for this September. Enjoy! Bermuda is gorgeous!