Coral Breeze

M&T

We did a Caye Caulker tour with them 2 years ago and it was great. The people were nice and the group was small. I'm pretty sure our tour provider was a contractor for Coral Breeze though, so who knows if you get the same operator.

Thanks. I will check on it.

we are using Coral Breezes in Feb. on our Emerald Princess cruise. when are you cruising? I have read mixed reviews. We decided on them because they answered all my emails promptly and they offered the 3 things we most wanted to do, Col Hon, Shark Ray Alley, and Caye Caulker.

We did Caye Caulker twice with this agent. Please be sure they have a decent boat before you board on your journey to this island.

We were overloaded and had water wash all over us.

We wanted a different way back but that was not possible.

Please proceed with review of recent experiences.

We also stalled out on the way there.

Has anyone had a good experience with this group? I am interested because they have an observer price? We will have one snorkeling and one not. Thanks.

We used Belize Express last week. The ship wanted $110 for this excursion.

For $49 "King James" took us to Shark Ray Alley where we were able to hold some Rays and snorkel with the nurse sharks. Next they took us for a snorkeling along the barrier reef, and even took us into the bay @ Caye Caulker to feed the Tarpin (ask them about the lady who had her hand nibbled on!!!).

Then we were able to wander around Caye Caulker, snacked on some lobster kabobs and relax for an hour before returning.

Oh - they also offer free rum punch!!

They are right across from the wet lizard. This tour was the best value of any tour I have taken!

enjoy!

We used Belize Express last week. The ship wanted $110 for this excursion.

For $49 "King James" took us to Shark Ray Alley where we were able to hold some Rays and snorkel with the nurse sharks. Next they took us for a snorkeling along the barrier reef, and even took us into the bay @ Caye Caulker to feed the Tarpin (ask them about the lady who had her hand nibbled on!!!).

Then we were able to wander around Caye Caulker, snacked on some lobster kabobs and relax for an hour before returning.

Oh - they also offer free rum punch!!

They are right across from the wet lizard. This tour was the best value of any tour I have taken!

enjoy!

I still haven't booked for next month because I am so on the fence about Coral Breeze.

I saw this company- they are the same people who run the water taxi. Did you book ahead of time? On their website the price is $60??

I still haven't booked for next month because I am so on the fence about Coral Breeze.

I saw this company- they are the same people who run the water taxi. Did you book ahead of time? On their website the price is $60??

Me too, on the fence about this. There is a good review of Coral Breeze, on Trip Advisor, just posted to-day.....

Are you saying that we make our way to Caye Caulker on our own and did hire them there? I have heard people talking about taking the water taxi. Is that it? Thanks.

You can find both companies on the pier where the tenders drop you off in Belize City. They take you out to Caye Caulker to pick up the gear, then you snorkel, then return to Caye Caulker to eat. You can book ahead - but I always wait until we get to Belize to check the weather, then pay cash right at the boat. Belize Express was $49 the day we went, but there were only 2 ships in port that day. Price may be based on demand. $60-65 sounds about normal.

Me too, on the fence about this. There is a good review of Coral Breeze, on Trip Advisor, just posted to-day.....

Thanks for advising, as I am also looking at booking this trip to Caye Caulker next month, but have read so many negative reviews on both cruise critic and trip advisor. Wondering also about the water taxi dependability to Caye Caulker.

You can find both companies on the pier where the tenders drop you off in Belize City. They take you out to Caye Caulker to pick up the gear, then you snorkel, then return to Caye Caulker to eat. You can book ahead - but I always wait until we get to Belize to check the weather, then pay cash right at the boat. Belize Express was $49 the day we went, but there were only 2 ships in port that day. Price may be based on demand. $60-65 sounds about normal.

great advice, thanks.

Fairex11, where on tripadvisor is the review? Thanks Tbone.

Category is "Activities in Belize", #23 0f 71, "Coral Breeze Tours"

The majority of the reviews, there, are pretty good, and from this season, so maybe things have improved :rolleyes:

We just got home late last night. We used Coral Breeze Belize Tours, they were actually our second choice to Ecological Tours & Services' Shark Ray & Caye Caulker tour that was full. With Coral Breeze we took the tour called Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling & Caye Caulker Exploration. They accommodated us last minuet and they were responsive by e-mail and phone.

We got on a tender pretty easy it was actually a long tender ride in from where the Emerald Princess was anchored to where the port is. During the tender ride they do try to get you to sign up with tours and such but quickly and happily left us alone when we said we had book a tour locally. We followed the directions that they gave to get to the representative and got through the pushy venders in the port. The representatives were not in Coral Breeze gear until they got on their boat and it would have been nice if they would have had them on when we meet them. It's is enough of a walk to the transportation and their pier that you want more then thin swim shoes on. Before the tour started we were asked for the rest of the payment at the dock. The tour cost $75 for each of our 2 adults and $63 for our 8 year old. We had made a small credit card deposit and cash was required for the balance. The tour had about 30 people on it and the boat they used was the right size. I was told the size of the boat depends on how many are signed up an it had a max of 50 people. Equipment was antiquate and they took the time to make sure everyone's stuff fit.

They were an environmentally responsible group and took the time to stop and explain the importance of the Mangrove Trees and also made sure no one touched the coral. They also made sure no trash got in the water and such.

It was quite a ride to get to Caye Caulker where they drop some people off and encourage a bathroom break. Then a shorter ride to the coral reef for the snorkeling portion. They use about three different guides that take the small groups around. and point stuff out. We saw great fish, white sand, a huge round coral and a barracuda even nibbled on the guides flipper. The guide took the time to make sure we were with him and to point stuff out as well as follow him so we wouldn't hit the coral. After getting back on board we had pineapple that hit the spot and Belize salsa and chips that were eaten up in a flash. The whole time they provided plenty of water in pouches.

Then another short ride over to the Ray Alley and they get you off the boat fast with your mask so that you get the prime view of the sting rays and nurse sharks. It's shallow enough that a tall adult can easily stand in the water. They feed them and held up the stingrays so that you can touch them. It's not as good as the experience that we had in Grand Cayman but good.

Then the not so good part, Cay Caulker. The place they take you is a fine place with showers, bath rooms and food. We had paid for the included lunches that included a couple of chicken options and grilled cheese. The Fanta was disappointing to my kid and about 5 others who thought it should be orange not strawberry but that is a minor detail. There were a few other food offerings that were about the same price near by and chicken is a common meat. Another family on the tour got take out chicken strips that were similar in cost and looked really good too. The town its self is a basic beach town with pack sand roads and just the basics. If you want to shop this really wasn't the place a lot of the goods were old and shop worn and priced high. It's a nice cultural experience to check out the two general stores to see what they pay and what they have that is the same and different. We had a bad experience with one "local" who told my son he was fat in the street and it really ruined our day. But the other people on the street came to make sure our son was ok and where ready to jump the guy. This site also was said to have a beach in the description but it was more of a retaining wall filled with packed down sand and lounge chairs. But the island in general is not crowded and very laid back.

The ride back is pretty long and the engines had a problem. They made my son's day by letting him "drive" the boat with assistance on the way back and he felt 10 feet tall. The problem was handled calmly and efficiently and the crew really worked well together. It could have been so bad but was really handled well. Stuff happens so I don't blame them for the problem at all I just bring it up because it's good to know it was handled well. We got back to their dock and then the pier with plenty of time left.

Overall, I think the tour was good and the time allotted for each activity was right. They delivered on the tour as explained in the description. They handled kids VERY well and took the time to make it educational as well. I don't know if it was quite worth the expense but compared to other options it wasn't out of line cost wise. And a reminder to wear sun screen and more importantly to re-apply it there is no shade on the boat and the ride back got us.