Breakfast in Marigot

I am thinking of getting off our ship first thing in the AM and having a nice breakfast in Marigot... Any suggestions?

We are then thinking about taking a cab to mullet bay, swimming for a while and walking to Maho in the PM to catch the big planes and getting back in a cab around 3:30pm to get to our ship for 4:30.

Sound doable? Breakfast recommendations would be really appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had lunch many times at Sarafina's Bakery in Marigot, I'm thinking their breakfast should be just as good. We've tasted delicious quiches, pastries, sandwiches, chocolate croissants, macaroons, etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d1754928-Reviews-Sarafina_s-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

We've had lunch many times at Sarafina's Bakery in Marigot, I'm thinking their breakfast should be just as good. We've tasted delicious quiches, pastries, sandwiches, chocolate croissants, macaroons, etc.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147348-d1754928-Reviews-Sarafina_s-Marigot_Saint_Martin_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

Sarafina's is a must if you travel to the French side of the island.

Any idea if it opens for breakfast?

We often visit or at least pass by the Marigot Marketplace at around 9:00 in the morning, and Sarafina's is usually open at that time. Don't know how early they open, though.

Personally, we are buying our pastries and deserts at The Taste Factory, over in Simpson Bay (Dutch side) next to the bridge.

th_DSCN0750.jpg

(click)

gary

Edited by gtaylor

We have had breakfast several times at a little place right across from the market called La Sucriere. I think it is owned by a Canadian fellow. He has the best pain au chocolat (chocolate stuffed croissants)! :)

We will be there in March and hope he is still there.

We have had breakfast several times at a little place right across from the market called La Sucriere. I think it is owned by a Canadian fellow. He has the best pain au chocolat (chocolate stuffed croissants)! :)

We will be there in March and hope he is still there.

La Sucriere has a location on the Dutch side, in Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, if you don't want to venture across the island to Marigot.

gary