Photo Package - Brilliance of The Sea

Hi there,

I have a question please for anyone that has recently sailed The Brilliance of The Sea or for others that are more familiar with this ship.

Drew and I take a ton of photos on our cruises. It is our one vice. My question is regarding the photo package. It says they are $199 and you get all of your prints, no matter how many you take. This sounds almost too good to be true, considering that we never get buy without six to seven hundred dollars in photos! I know it's crazy! :) Anyone had any experience with this on The Brilliance.

Also, do they have places to have photos made each evening throughout the ship like Carnival does. The reason I ask about this. We love to dress each evening and have photos made. On our last Princess cruise, they only took pictures two of the five nights, so we didn't have many to choose from. It was a bit dissapointing to us that there were not options for each evening.

I need to purchase this package in the next couple of days to get this price, and would love to have some feedback on these questions.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Though I have not sailed BOS, did just do Navigator. The photo package was much higher and you only got a total of 50 for $399.00 which felt awful high compared to other times we have sailed. They had an early in the week deal but still not like $199.00.

Most ships do have several places you can take photos on most evenings. We had 84 pictures from this last cruise. Some were with friends which created more. Nice to have many venues to use in different outfits and then choose! Choosing is the hardest part! Enjoy and hoping it is this price which seems like a great deal!

I sailed on Brilliance last summer, we bought the all inclusive photo package and made the most of it! If I remember rightly, there were a couple of backgrounds to choose from on non-formal nights and then around 4 or 5 on formal nights. We'd have mum+dad, daughter+son, whole group and a few individuals at every background! Plus photos taken at events, round the pool, on the climbing wall and during dinner.

The people working on the photo stand came to know our faces well and would even take out our photos and keep them together for us :)

We probably came away with about 150 photos :o

Edited by leaves

Hi there' date='

I have a question please for anyone that has recently sailed The Brilliance of The Sea or for others that are more familiar with this ship.

Drew and I take a ton of photos on our cruises. It is our one vice. My question is regarding the photo package. It says they are $199 and you get all of your prints, no matter how many you take. This sounds almost too good to be true, considering that we never get buy without six to seven hundred dollars in photos! I know it's crazy! :) Anyone had any experience with this on The Brilliance.

Also, do they have places to have photos made each evening throughout the ship like Carnival does. The reason I ask about this. We love to dress each evening and have photos made. On our last Princess cruise, they only took pictures two of the five nights, so we didn't have many to choose from. It was a bit dissapointing to us that there were not options for each evening.

I need to purchase this package in the next couple of days to get this price, and would love to have some feedback on these questions.

Thank you all so much for your help.[/quote']

The photo package is not for your photos, it is for the photos taken by the ship's photographers. Wait until late in the cruise to decide how many of the ship's photographs you want to buy. Then decide on the photo package that is best for you.

By the way, if you take a ton of photographs, I assume you are not flying, or you would pay a fortune for the extra weight on the way home.

Thank you all so much. I plan to purchase this tomorrow. This will be perfect as we usually come home with at least 50 8x10s. We have so many, i could wallpaper the den! :) Again thank you all for the information. This is our first cruise with RCCL and we are looking forward to the experiience.

Just returned from the Jan 3 sailing- it was our honeymoon so we sprang for the all-inclusive package and yes, it is ALL the prints that include anyone in the cabin which purchases the package. We bought it on the first night, for the first two nights it's $199 and after that it's $250.

There were photo stations set up every night, and on formal night and also on "casual portrait night" (specified in the Compass) they had multiple different backgrounds and spots to choose from. Each photographer took at least two poses and some many more, and they also made a point of getting solo pics/combos of various family members for the larger groups. They were great, very good at giving directions. They also had stations at each port for pics with the ship in the background (we got a great one with both Brilliance and Liberty in the background at Cozumel) and also crew members dressed as pirates/senoritas for theme shots.

They also took more candid pics in the main dining room, but I never saw them up on the second level for My Time Diners, so we never got any of those.

You do have to look around a bit for the various spots to get them taken (I saw prints for backdrops I never saw in person) but you could easily come away with dozens of prints. Most of ours came out really well, and we liked that the embarkation and port prints have the date and port on them (and the Grand Cayman shot has a neat border with stingrays etc). It was a great deal compared with buying the pics individually and it removed the fuss of trying to decide which ones we liked best. We wound up with around 30 prints but if you were trying to get more or with a large group it could easily be double or triple that.

Thank you so much. I went ahead and purchased the package this past week. Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise....Congratulations on your marriage. Wishing you many years of wedded bliss!

I had the photo package for 13 nites on the brilliance over Halloween ...we carried home so many pictures I almost needed a separate carry on ..I carried them home not in my luggage well worth the money -- every day I would just grab my pix and the folks in the photo studio would but them in the folder .. as long as my mother and I were in the picture it was covered ..if it was us and four other companions we got them also !! I have to say maybe it was having the stress of trying to get a good picture since they were all paid for but we got the best pix !!

Edited by msjaxson

I had the photo package for 13 nites on the brilliance over Halloween ...we carried home so many pictures I almost needed a separate carry on .. well worth the money -- every day I would just grab my pix and the folks in the photo studio would but them in the folder .. as long as my mother and I were in the picture it was covered ..if it was us and four other companions we got them also !! I have to say maybe it was having the stress of trying to get a good picture since they were all paid for but we got the best pix !!

Oh no....I've already got four suitcases and a garment bag packed!!! :)