Port of Tampa Car rental

PINEVIEW01

My DH's sister asked us to come see her next time we cruised out of Tampa as she lives and hour away. Now we have flights booked and I had assumed she would be picking us up from the airport and taking us to the port (this is what my sister would do and she lived the same distance away.)

So now we need to rent a car at the airport and return it at the port. The other choice is rent round trip at the airport and than cab it to the port which would be more of a hassle.

Does anyone know of a rental agencies that lets you drop off at least when ships are in? They had this in Huston, not a rental cite just for day of cruise drop offs.

I did a search here but the info is old.

Next time I will just get a hotel at the port and she can come see us if she wants.:D

Edited by PINEVIEW01

There is a Hertz car rental at the Tampa Marriott Waterside which is 2 blocks from the port. They do provide a courtesy shuttle.

There also used to be either an Avis or Alamo car rental at the Westin Harborside Tampa. This is a 5 min drive to the port. I believe that they too provide a shuttle. You may want to google them just to make sure.

***** these are the two closest to the port. You other option, as you mentioned would be to drop of at Tampa airport and take a taxi. The flat rate taxi fare is $25 from TIA to the port so if you can get a decent rental rate from another agency, it may pay to pay the $25 bucks plus tip for the taxi.

**** You may want to double check , but Thrifty and Dollar used to offer a shuttle bus to/from the port for their TIA car rentals.

Here is a link to the car rental agencies at Tampa Airport. You can call the direct ph nbrs 813 area code so you can inquire

directly about the shuttle vans to the port. http://www.tampaairport.com/ground_transportation/rental_car_services.asp

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr