Anyone just off Victory??

ChristineS72

I was on the Victory in November and the deli was open for lunch. The buffet was not bad, I had pot roast that was delicious. You will hear many opinions but the best will be your own. Try it and don't be afraid to try something you never hard, you may like it. BTW, the new pizza's are excellent and worth the wait.

We didn't do the buffet too much, but what we had was really good. I'm a big salad person--the salad bar AND the prepared salads were delicious. The desserts looked a little "meh" so I didn't bother.

The potato salad. GET THE POTATO SALAD. It's so, so good.

I wish I'd tried the deli, but there was so much other food around that I never got the chance! The pizza really was fabulous, though.

Just curious how the buffet for lunch was...and if they had the deli option or other options? I know about the pizza! :)

We sailed Victory in November. There is a deli. Yum! On the opposite side of the ship from the deli is Chopsticks. I LOVED the food there.

One thing we saw that made us laugh - there were two grills serving burgers, hot dogs, and the best chicken tenders in the world, in my opinion. As we walked through the buffet, there must have been 30 people in line at the grill by the main Lido pool. As we walked to the aft pool, there was no one, not a single person, at the grill there. We got our food right away and enjoyed our lunch while others were lemmings.

Oh, I am glad to hear about the salad bar!! We cruised Victory in 2004. Couldn't recall. I am not picky...or a complainer :) Any day on a cruise is better than a winter day in RI :)

Thank you for the tip on the aft grill too!

I love potato salad :)

Oh, I am glad to hear about the salad bar!! We cruised Victory in 2004. Couldn't recall. I am not picky...or a complainer :) Any day on a cruise is better than a winter day in RI :)

Thank you for the tip on the aft grill too!

I love potato salad :)

I agree that the potato salad is quite delicious! I usually grab a little potato salad, a little mayo-based coleslaw, which is next to the potato salad somewhere near the salad bar (vs. the vinegar-based coleslaw at the deli), order a pastrami and corned beef sandwich, extra thick of course, then head to the grill for fries. Great lunch! (That I burn off later at the gym. :D)

Where in RI are you? I grew up in Providence and DH in N. Smithfield. His dad owned a store in Woonsocket. (Must say that with a French accent.)