Celebrity impossible to contact

citypete

Celebrity isn't available via phone pre-cruise either. Phone waits have been ridiculously long. The only time you don't get the "wait times will exceed 15 minutes" is when you get the "we're closed" message. As a shareholder, I am embarrassed by the lack of service and very poor management control on this issue.

I am booked on my first cruise in August, and have been consistently unsuccessful at registering on the Celebrity site. Every email I have sent regarding my issue has received an automated response, and no more.

Any recommendations for me?

Celebrity isn't available via phone pre-cruise either. Phone waits have been ridiculously long. The only time you don't get the "wait times will exceed 15 minutes" is when you get the "we're closed" message. As a shareholder, I am embarrassed by the lack of service and very poor management control on this issue.

Kinda a simple fix, hire more staff to answer the phone, which will increase cost, will reduce shareholder return. Well that is if they don't raise the price of a cruise to cover the new hire's.

As with any and every for profit business in the world, $$ to pay the bills come from customers buying the product.

Which way would you like it?

I called yesterday and did not hold at all. Of course, the reason I called was that their website is such garbage I could not book shore excursions or dining online so I had to call. I just get the loading ball and nothing else when trying to search/book online.

I called the post cruise dept on Monday, and waited on hold for at least 1/2 hour to discuss some issues regarding my latest cruise. Guess that's one of their cutbacks, the staffing of the complaint line. The wait wasn't a problem for me as I have a speaker phone at my desk, and was lucky not to have been interrupted with other calls while waiting.

The rep was extremely cordial and understanding, and informed me what would be done to accommodate me. Today I received and email from the rep confirming our conversation.

The results don't eliminate the memory of the issues, but not addressing them would have hurt even more.

The people in the post cruise dept only hear complaint after complaint, and I would imagine 9 out of 10 callers "beat them up". Bottom line is "don't shoot the messenger" and you will probably get results.

Edited by R&M1000

wallie5446... folks that stay on hold too long hang up. There's a lot of potential revenue hanging up the phone. When folks remember how difficult it is to work with Customer Relations, they don't book a second time, or at least think twice and expand their search to other brands. Great example of needing to spend money to make money and to make their customers happier. Happier people return. Bad customer service is just plain stupid. Monopolies can get away with it. Cruising is not a monopoly but you might argue its close to an oligopoly.

Edited by CaribbeanBound

wallie5446... folks that stay on hold too long hang up. There's a lot of potential revenue hanging up the phone. When folks remember how difficult it is to work with Customer Relations, they don't book a second time, or at least think twice and expand their search to other brands. Great example of needing to spend money to make money and to make their customers happier. Happier people return. Bad customer service is just plain stupid. Monopolies can get away with it. Cruising is not a monopoly but you might argue its close to an oligopoly.

I get it, I understand. How does it get fixed?

I recently booked a future cruise whilst on board to take advantage of an offer too good to miss. The On board future cruise manager assured me that I should take any cruise and change it to one I really wanted after I arrived home without penalties and all extras intact. Yesterday my TA attempted to change the booking but was told the promo would be lost and also said that my elite status would not get me an upgrade. After searching cruise critic I found an email address to whom I should address my complaint.This morning less than 24 hours after my email I received a call from Celebrity full of apologies and the matter sorted immediately. I live in Australia and it seems all enquiries to the local Celebrity office are routed through to a foreign call centre whose consultants lack any knowledge of Celebrity terms and conditions.

Full marks to the American lady who rang me, it has restored my faith in their customer relations.

Surely a successful company such as Celebrity has some highly compensated suit whose job description includes this functionality. It is definitely not my job.

This is correct. W

But we have the option to take our booking elsewhere, but they know that the bigger % of us will not. Why? Because the product delivered once we are on ship is better than the other cruise lines product for the money spent.

So we are left to 'talk' about it here on Cruise Critic.