OBC for me!

MrsPhoenix91

if you used a TA to book you have to do everything through the TA. Carnival won't talk to you directly.

Thank you :) I guess getting an additional $25 from TA will have to do for now and it is better than getting nothing :)

Edited by tawaik
add comment

I was told I was denied because I paid a reduced deposit of $250 on my September 2015 cruise and not the full deposit of $500. Good luck to everyone.

Strange. I paid $250 reduced deposit as well (booked two weeks ago, cruising April 2015), but I got OBC.

Now, on the promo web page it does say that the Early Saver Event is "Applicable on select sailings", so YMMV.

Thank you :) I guess getting an additional $25 from TA will have to do for now and it is better than getting nothing :)

So they are giving you $25 instead of the $50? If you are booked with the ES rate or before final payment, I would ask your TA why they don't give you the full $50?

I looked up my upcoming cruise and its cheaper now ,How do i get the credit to my sail and sign card .Please

Well first thing you need to determine is if you are beyond final payment. If so, the only rate that will allow you to get "credit" (OBC) is Early Saver (ES). Also, if you don't have ES, I am pretty sure your rate must not be non-refundable.

So, if this applies, fill out the form at the URL and submit it.

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

I currently have three cabins booked for April on the Magic. Back in October I found a lower price on Carnival.com and called one of their rep's who processed my price drop right then. By the time I got back to my desk, the amount of the OBC was reflected on my cruise doc's. Yesterday, I was on Carnival again, and found that passenger 3 & 4 rates had dropped by $60pp per cabin. Thats $120 for cabin 1 & 2 and $60 for the 3rd cabin. Since I try to use the price protection form and nothing ever happens...something I have complained about repeatedly, I called the 800 number and spoke to a very nice rep named Michelle. Michelle said she would process the price difference. But after we hung up, I checked my cruise doc's and all I was showing was the price drop from October. The new price drop is not showing. Along with the price drop was a promo offer of a $50 OBC non refundable. I see the promo OBC and that the price for the 3rd & 4th passenger is the rate I applied for: $269pp to $209pp and I see that on my billing. However, I am not seeing the additional money from the price drop from yesterday.

I called back and spoke to another rep, this time a man, whom I do not recall the name of. He told me that they are no longer able to process the price drops and that it must be sent over to another department, but he did see $120 as a negative amount on my file. He told me that if I did not see the price drop reflected with in 24 hours to call back. So today, I did. I spoke to Victoria. Victoria gives me another story. Not only do the price drops take longer then 24 hours to process, she see's the $120 as a refund! I am so confused. I want to call back again, and see what new story I will get. Can someone please tell me, how long the price drops now take to complete. And shouldn't they all be in the form of OBC? The cruise is paid in full.

Edited by Raven Days

I currently have three cabins booked for April on the Magic. Back in October I found a lower price on Carnival.com and called one of their rep's who processed my price drop right then. By the time I got back to my desk, the amount of the OBC was reflected on my cruise doc's. Yesterday, I was on Carnival again, and found that passenger 3 & 4 rates had dropped by $60pp per cabin. Thats $120 for cabin 1 & 2 and $60 for the 3rd cabin. Since I try to use the price protection form and nothing ever happens...something I have complained about repeatedly, I called the 800 number and spoke to a very nice rep named Michelle. Michelle said she would process the price difference. But after we hung up, I checked my cruise doc's and all I was showing was the price drop from October. The new price drop is not showing. Along with the price drop was a promo offer of a $50 OBC non refundable. I see the promo OBC and that the price for the 3rd & 4th passenger is the rate I applied for: $269pp to $209pp and I see that on my billing. However, I am not seeing the additional money from the price drop from yesterday.

I called back and spoke to another rep, this time a man, whom I do not recall the name of. He told me that they are no longer able to process the price drops and that it must be sent over to another department, but he did see $120 as a negative amount on my file. He told me that if I did not see the price drop reflected with in 24 hours to call back. So today, I did. I spoke to Victoria. Victoria gives me another story. Not only do the price drops take longer then 24 hours to process, she see's the $120 as a refund! I am so confused. I want to call back again, and see what new story I will get. Can someone please tell me, how long the price drops now take to complete. And shouldn't they all be in the form of OBC? The cruise is paid in full.

I put in price drop requests for two different bookings yesterday. The first took about 6 hours. The second took about 16 hours. When I did call and spoke with Carnival, I was told they are swamped right now.

When you get a price drop you should also get a new confirmation email showing the change, which I keep as proof just in case something happens.

The rep I spoke with last night asked me if I wanted OBC or a credit back. I told her I wanted OBC. She said the $50 promotional OBC would show immediately, which it did in a different spot than where my previous OBC from a price drop showed. She said the approx $60 OBC for the price drop would show in 24 to 48 hours. It showed as of this morning, so we are now at about $160 total OBC.

Edited by kona_wahine

I was kind of surprised we would find any sort of sale seeing as we are going through Spring Break (and I'm still new enough to cruising that I don't really know completely what to expect, hah) but I put in a price protection form and we got $80 off our total for both cabins and $30 OBC for both! So exciting!

Also, thanks for posting about this because I hadn't checked for about a week about any sort of sale until I read this!

Edited by Brittanynichole

So they are giving you $25 instead of the $50? If you are booked with the ES rate or before final payment, I would ask your TA why they don't give you the full $50?

This should help to answer your question :)

Contacted my TA and told her about the OBC for $50 that was not offered since I booked early. Received an email telling me she will add and additional $25 to my OBC to my present $50 offered by her, therefore, giving me $75 in OBC.

Can I contact Carnival although my booking is with TA to see if I can get this $50 directly from CC? Where can I find this form on their website? Just tried and the site is not working properly again!

Thanks in advance.

I sent in price protection form for the $50 OBC for two cabins three days ago and have yet to hear back. I did get an email stating they received the forms and would be in touch within 7 days. I've called three different times, and they will not process over the phone. So now, I'm not sure what to do.

I finally got mine completed and credited. It took calling AGAIN. Yes, they are super busy. I had another price drop and I was just fed up with the process. So I called and go this super nice guy, who had it processed right then and there. I saw it on my docs with in a hour. My cruise price is dropping like a rock! Not sure why, but I love the OBC! My total price drop to date, including the OBC is $1290. Some of that paid off cabin 1 and 2 and helped lower my balance on cabin 3. I had paid cabin 3 down to a balance owing of $50 and with my price drop Monday, it paid that cabin off. So from this point forward, any price drops is OBC. I have never gotten this much before!

I have another cruise booked for September and since I booked at a reduced deposit, I have to pay $500 toward it before I can get any price drops. I sure hope I get as lucky with that cruise as I have with this one!