Deals if you book onboard?

badney

and when you get 15,000 that is $150, ad the 5000 which gets you $50 = $200. Why they just do not have 20,000 for $200 is besides me. Same with RCCL, and you have to have their card to get cruise credits for them.

What is the $200 Visa credit. Is that for useing the Celebrity credit card?

I too would like to know what the VISA Onboard credit represents that poster MACOP refers to. Is it for booking the cruise with the card or an amount spent on the card in previous purchases???

Get the MBNA Celebrity VISA, charge away everything on it & get 1 point per dollar spent. I even pay cell phone, Direct TV, AT&T phonebill on the MBNA bill payment area with the card for points. Celebrity cruise deposit goes on it, the final payment for the cruise, goes on it, and you use it when you board the ship to charge everyhting on it. YOU GET DOUBLE MILES FOR ALL CELEBRITY CHARGES. Then total the miles, the last 2 zeros are cents so cross them out & what is left is what you get next cruise as an onboard credit.

ei: 20,000 = $200 onboard credit

5,000 + $50 onbaord credit

They also give upgrades & FREE cruises (275,000 points - that's alot of spending)

I began a thread a few weeks ago about the advantages of the Celebrity VISA vs Celebrity American Express. The AMX currently offers double points for any travel and all dining purchases. I called MBNA because I really didn't want two more cards, I was going to cancel one, but they talked me out of it. The AMX, for the moment has the better "deal," but the VISA is accepted by more merchants. I am trying to find out if the distinction of "Capt's Club" is of any significance on these cards. Does anyone know?

Just a way of distincting AMEX from VISA.

I have DL SM AMEX which I get free Hawaiian flights every February just for shopping. I get double miles on all gas, grocery, post office, home improvement centers, cell phone bills & drugstores. Much better return for miles than the Celebrity points.

But we took the MBNA Celebrity VISA since we want another card for those places that do not take AMEX (Walgreens, Discount Drug Mart, etc). Double points for all Celebrity purchases is great! But book RCCL & you need that card eventho they are the same company. So when we are getting points for onboard credit for our next cruise, we use that card & hide the other in the safe. The switch when needed. Both AMEX DL SM give 1 point per dollar on regular purchases so we use Celebrity VISA or RCCL VISA for those.

I contacted Celebrity today regarding my onboard credit. It turns out that if I do NOT booked on my upcoming cruise for a future cruise, they will not grant me the credit :( The sales agent misled me the other day. She stated all I had to do was give them a confirmation number on my upcoming cruise and they would give me the credit on the cruise I booked with her. I guess she was just trying to get her sale in :evil It's so frustrating.

Hi Teri, I just double - or rather - triple checked. The rewards dept. at Celebrity said you cannot get the on-board booking credit on prebooked cruises. You can probably book now and hold a spot and then when on-board your Dec. cruise this year re-book for next year - get the on-board credit - and then cancel your first booking.

I had checked with a reservation person yesterday and was told exactly what you were told - just give them the confirmation/reservation #. Seems to be a pervasive thought with those at reservations at Celebrity. The rewards dept. is sending an e-mail out to the reservation supervisors to instruct them differently.

Archived