Cruise Reward Certificate question?

browniegirl

Hi all, it has been a while since I cruised, almost 2 years :(....husband and I separated. My question is.....we bought a cruise reward certificate on that last cruise and we still have 2 years to use it.....I can't recall if it is in his name or not but will it matter? If we were both in the stateroom? Can it be used by either of us if we both agree to it? Sorry for the questions!!! I am hoping to either sale solo or take my 8 year old daughter with me in next year or so.....Thanks!!!!

Leah:D

Hi yes, I asked him today if he was open to my daughter and I using it and he said he thought it was a good idea, so it didn't go to waste. So I guess he would just need to contact NCL then......crossing my fingers! Thanks all!

Leah

Also, keep in mind on some ships there are also some great ways to have a joint vacation after divorce. The ships are large enough and with freestyle that each can book their own thing and the child can spend time with both parents.

We sailed last year on the Dawn with my stepchildren, their mom and her husband, my husband and I and our daughter. Each parent spent a sea day with the kids as well as 1 port of call, then we did joint excursions together in 2 ports of call. In our case the kids spent the night before with the same parent they would be with the next day. Our cabin stewards were great and asked that we simply leave a note with the number of people for that night, so they knew how many beds to make up. Also, up to 4 adults can check out the kids form the splash academy so all four parents were listed. Plus we had the freedom to book dinner reservations for the number of people that we would actually be eating together between both families it was a combination of (2, 3, 4, 5 or 8).

My husband and I will be sailing again in a couple weeks and I will be purchasing a Future Cruise Reward for us as well as my stepchildren's mom. We are starting to plan our next joint family cruise for 2016.

Edited by Sparkygirl

Wow, that is so great that this worked for you! Still too ugly and nasty in the "ex" department.......don't think I could handle him and his mistress on the same ship.......blech.....anyhow, thanks for the info you guys, I will have my ex contact NCL asap and have that transferred over, hoping for a cruise soon!

Leah

Wow, that is so great that this worked for you! Still too ugly and nasty in the "ex" department.......don't think I could handle him and his mistress on the same ship.......blech.....anyhow, thanks for the info you guys, I will have my ex contact NCL asap and have that transferred over, hoping for a cruise soon!

Leah

Perfectly understand it was 6 years post divorce for us when we did this and after working for a year in family therapy toward this goal! Keep it in the back of your mind as everyone heals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk