Single parent cruising pricing?

browniegirl

Hi all! having always cruised with my ex-husband and sometimes the kids, this will be the first time I have looked at booking a cruise for just myself and my 8 year old daughter. Will she pay the full adult price as she would at an all-inclusive or do they get a reduced rate? Is it better when it is kids free? Sorry, I haven't done this before!!! Thanks!

Leah :confused:

Not pricing related but logistics of single parent cruising, check each port of call on the cruise you are looking at and determine their entry/exit requirements for children. There is a form on NCL for children not traveling with parent which should be signed by the non traveling parent (some say they don't do this step) DH does so that should something happen to him I have permission for the children onboard. Also a notarized letter from the non traveling parent authorizing travel and the dates/times of the trip specifically listing ports of call. Also, check on your DD passport, if it needs to be renewed both parents need to be present during the renewal.

Thanks! Oh the joys of divorce...........not..........but yes, all very true and I will definitely get that done when we do end up booking something. I have taken my kids on several cruises and three of my older kids are with my first husband and have a different name than me and my husband. We never once in any of the cruises or trips we have taken have been asked about the other parent.....it's so weird. But I always had the letter! Doesn't hurt to be prepared!!!

Leah

As cruizinwithkids said, it's the full "adult" price because there are no adult/child prices to begin with - only thing that matters is the number of people in the cabin. First two pay full price (because cruise prices are based on double occupancy) and the rest are (usually) a lot lower - even if the persons after first two were adults.