Regal Chef's Table

CruzenDoc

We are cruising on the Regal on Feb 15th. We are interested in the Chef's table and I am wondering:

What is the best way to make reservations?

When are the dinners usually held?

If you have participated in the Chef's table was it worth it?

Thanks in advance to all those who respond.

We are cruising on the Regal on Feb 15th. We are interested in the Chef's table and I am wondering:

Upon arriving at your cabin, immediately call the DINE line to make your reservation. Though I wasn't on the Regal, I felt it totally worth it in regards to both the price and the time. Dinner took 2.5-3 hours, which included appetizers and champagne in the galley through dessert, and included unlimited wine with each course.at the end, diners received a copy of the Princess cookbook, Courses, and an 8.5x11" photo of your group.

ATMX, when I did the Chef's Table I wasn't Platinum but I did board about noon. Of course one would have no idea if more than 12 people tried to book the Table./COLOR]

Edited by Treven

If the procedure on the Regal is similar to the two Chef's Tables and Royal Winemakers' Dinner I booked, the thing to do is call the DINE line as soon as you get onboard. You will most likely be waitlisted and they won't tell you then what night the dinner will be scheduled. (Though I'd bet it won't be on a formal night.) One time out of two, before we got booked we actually had to meet with the Maitre d' to make sure, I guess, we wouldn't pick our noses at the table or something. Both times, we got an acceptance letter several days before the dinner.

I've now done two Chef's Tables, both for $95 instead of whatever they're charging on the Regal. The experience was great, from appetizers in the galley to tableside flambé-ing by the Chef de Cuisine, being pampered all the way. But the food seemed better the first time around, when there was an amazing dessert that (spoiler) was served without upcharge in the MDR on my subsequent cruise. A highlight of the second dinner was an osso bucco pasta dish that is now on offer on the MDR's anniversary menu. And the similarly prepared lamb was better at the most-traveled passenger luncheon than at the Chef's Table.

So foodwise, I'm not sure it was "worth it." But just the unlimited amounts of champagne and paired wines were more than worth the money. So I certainly don't regret the experience, but don't intend to book the Chef's Table again next month.

Oh, and you do get the glossy Princess Cookbook, which - take my word for it -makes a nice Xmas present.

Edited by shepp

We did the Chefs Table Luminaire on the Regal in Oct.

We hunted down a head waiter in the DR at lunch on embarkation day.

Its held in the Allegro DR which is aft on deck 6. There is a dedicated table and area for this. They have a great video on the Princess website.

We thought it was worth it and enjoyeds it very much. :)

The best way to make reservations is when you get to your cabin, call the dining room right away. Dinners are not held on a formal night. We did a Chef's table on the Caribbean Princess, when it first started and the price was a bit lower, and it was a wonderful experience. I would not do it again at the present price, but we have already tried it once!

I don't know if you're aware, but there is a roll call for the Feb 15th departure of the Regal Princess. We are having a Meet & Greet and other activities. There are over 60 people registered already....come and check us out under Regal Princess Roll Calls.