JohnMI

So, my wife and I cruised in 2010 and will again at least once in 2015. Do I need to sign her up for her own Carnival account and VIPF number so that she gets "credit" for the cruises also? Or does it see the booking for both under my account since I did the booking and that is fine?

Thanks!

- John...

So, my wife and I cruised in 2010 and will again at least once in 2015. Do I need to sign her up for her own Carnival account and VIPF number so that she gets "credit" for the cruises also? Or does it see the booking for both under my account since I did the booking and that is fine?

Thanks!

- John...

You should sign her up so she gets credit too. If she ever takes a cruise without you, your VIFP won't work for her. And since there is no cost or hassle, sign her up :D Make her feel special :D

If you have cruised on Carnival, you both already have one and they are already tracking your past cruises. Everyone has an individual VIFP number, you just have to sign in or call Carnival to get the number.

Edited by poison7fl

Yes, you don't need to sign her up. It is automatic. When a person takes their first cruise (whether they do the booking or not), Carnival issues you a VIFP number and when you take your second cruise, it automatically finds your number and assigns you days at sea after each cruise.

Now it wasn't always this way. My MIL sailed with Carnival back in the early 90's and since her husband did the bookings, she wasn't always given credit for those sea days. We had to call Carnival and give them the dates of sailing to get her credit. Just gave the dates my Father-in-law had, since they always sailed together.

The VIFP numbers get random special sales too.

Last year, my husband's VIFP number was chosen for one of the free cruises.

Last month, my college son's VIFP number had a sale good on sailings through the end of March. The rest of us didn't have that offer.

Right now, both my number & my son's has a sale for sailings through May.

We each are signed up and check for promos when we book.