Water with Soda Card

shonandsuzie

We are leaving for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess next weekend. We plan to purchase soda cards but are wondering if you can get bottled water with the soda card. If not, any idea on how much a bottle is onboard? Also, does anyone know what brands of water are available? Is there any free bottles of water in the mini-suites? I'd hate to lug a case of water onto the ship as I've heard that others do. SORRY to ask SO many questions; as I read this I feel like a drug addict but...I have to have my water! Thanks for your help with the serious ;) matter!

I think Dasani is the brand of water on board if I recall correctly but there is bottled sparkling water available also. Regardless of what brand it is... there is a charge. I recall $2.50 per bottle as the price I've heard people mention but saw a post just today referencing $3 so it may have gone up since I cruised in 2003. Soda cards work only for fountain style sodas - not for bottled anything.

I took a six pack of bottled water on with me, refilled my empty bottles from the bathroom faucet and stored them in the fridge in my cabin to get cold. The water on board comes from a de-salination and purification system on board. It's perfectly good to drink but has that very flat taste like Aquafina.

But at the price they were getting for water I was okay with just drinking ice cold tap water (and I typically drink a minimum of 5 - 6 bottle's worth per day at home).

Thank you for the quick replies but that is the answer that I was hoping not to receive. :( That is a good idea to bring the six pack and refill it b/c there is no way I will pay $2-3 for 1 bottle. I actually love Aquafina water so if the ship's tap water has that taste, I'll be pretty happy. At home I buy a case every week and go through them quite rapidly!

Also, the minisuites don't receive free bottles of water or free sodas. If there is anything in your refrigerator, there is a charge for using it, even if you have the soda sticker, because as another poster has said, the soda sticker is only good for fountain sodas. You can have the room steward clean out your refrig/minibar and put your own personal water inside.

Another suggestion you might want to consider is that some people bring the powered drink mix like Crystal Light and put that in their bottled water. They make a size that is for bottled water.

I learned about soda cards and refrigerator sodas are not all the same. lol soda cards are not good for room servie or soda that is already in the cabin. Must be used at the bar.
More or less. The soda card is only good for sodas dispensed at bars. You can ask for a soda in the buffet or dining room from the bar and you just need to show the soda sticker on your cruise card. Room Service, buffet sodas in cans, and refrigerator sodas are in cans and are not included in the soda card. That's true on RCCL as well.

This board is so helpful! Regarding our soda card;my husband will probably just get a card and I'll skip mine. He can drink tons of pop. I only drink pop once in a while so I really was just getting it for the water. I'm a coffee addict (as well as a water addict) and that is free so I'll be happy!

Wait a minute. Filling the bottles from the bathroom tap. Yuk. This is not the same water that is in the dining rooms and buffet. The water that is in the dining rooms and buffet go through a different system than it does in the cabins. The water in the dining rooms and buffet are very safe to drink. I would suggest filling your water bottles from the buffet.

Wait a minute. Filling the bottles from the bathroom tap. Yuk. This is not the same water that is in the dining rooms and buffet. The water that is in the dining rooms and buffet go through a different system than it does in the cabins. The water in the dining rooms and buffet are very safe to drink. I would suggest filling your water bottles from the buffet.

You sound pretty sure of your facts. How could you possibly know the configuration of the potable water system on every single cruise ship? Are you suggesting that the water in the bathroom lavatories is NOT safe to drink? Good to know - I've been drinking it for years with no ill effects to date. It tastes fine to me

We are leaving for our cruise on the Caribbean Princess next weekend. We plan to purchase soda cards but are wondering if you can get bottled water with the soda card. If not, any idea on how much a bottle is onboard? Also, does anyone know what brands of water are available? Is there any free bottles of water in the mini-suites? I'd hate to lug a case of water onto the ship as I've heard that others do. SORRY to ask SO many questions; as I read this I feel like a drug addict but...I have to have my water! Thanks for your help with the serious ;) matter!

Hey Suzie, I am going to bring a case of water and one of those fridgemates 12 pack of pepsi. I dont like coke products and i read on one of the other sites, that you can slap one of your luggage tags on it (the case) and it will be brought to your room. some people actually put it in an extra suitcase. Maybe you could stuff a duffle bag into your suitcase and then when you get here, put the soda and water in it. Since you are flying in, you could go to the publix near the port prior to going on the ship. I am going to try to find one of those little carts that the people carry groceries in and lugg my water and soda on it. Truse me, I have been like you reading these posts everyday, everyminute of the day trying to learn things. People are saying there is no problem bringing the drinks, so I am certainly going to try. What room did you end up in? We upgraded to the Dolphin 422 Mini suite.

See ya next week!!!

Brenda:cool:

Hey Suzie, I am going to bring a case of water and one of those fridgemates 12 pack of pepsi. What room did you end up in? We upgraded to the Dolphin 422 Mini suite.

See ya next week!!!

Brenda:cool:

Hey, we are neighbors...we are in D322 mini-suite. What were you upgraded from? Someone just said they were upgraded to a big suite! That is a dream. I wonder if they'll get free water? :p Maybe I'll just come over and get water from your fridge!?! Just kidding of course. My husband and I just bought new luggage so we'd only have to take 1 each so I doubt I'll be carrying on a case. He'd have a fit! I think I'll just bring a 6 pack and refill it. I have had water from the cabin bathroom before and don't remember it being too bad. It's just that the bottles are convenient and then I know I drink enough each day.

Hey, we are neighbors...we are in D322 mini-suite. What were you upgraded from? Someone just said they were upgraded to a big suite! That is a dream. I wonder if they'll get free water? :p Maybe I'll just come over and get water from your fridge!?! Just kidding of course. My husband and I just bought new luggage so we'd only have to take 1 each so I doubt I'll be carrying on a case. He'd have a fit! I think I'll just bring a 6 pack and refill it. I have had water from the cabin bathroom before and don't remember it being too bad. It's just that the bottles are convenient and then I know I drink enough each day.
Suzie, I actually paid for our upgrade. I did ask TA though, how people get the upgrades, and they said it is usually people who have gone on more than one cruise. This is our first, so why not do it in style!!! Maybe I wont bring so much water, we can always refill the bottles. I like to freeze them and carry them with me during the day, that way i have ice water all day. I will also bring a mug. We were originally on the Lido deck way up front 201. I am prone to motion sickness, so was glad to take the upgrade. When I scheduled it, it was the only one left. I read on another post that the cruise is totally booked.

Well neighbor, see ya next week. We are actually from the midwest also (Missouri).

Take Care

Brenda

../Are you suggesting that the water in the bathroom lavatories is NOT safe to drink? Good to know - I've been drinking it for years with no ill effects to date. It tastes fine to me

My God! Have you seen your avatar lately! :p Maybe the proper phrase is "lapping up the water for years".:rolleyes:

. I like to freeze them and carry them with me during the day, that way i have ice water all day.

you wont be freezing no water bottles on the ships- those refrigerators dont get very cold and there is no freezer.

Princess refrigerators are empty except for the ice bucket in all categories except suites. So there is plenty of room to chill whatever you would like. No need for anything to be cleaned out of it.

Elite passengers also receive the same refrigerator items as those in suites.

What did we ever do in the days before bottled water became so popular? I am a user of it as well but I can remember drinking tap water and not thinking anything of it.

Just to mention what someone else already said, the tap water on Princess is excellent and I have no problem drinking it.

you wont be freezing no water bottles on the ships- those refrigerators dont get very cold and there is no freezer.

Thanks Serene, I kinda figured that, I live local, so I will freeze a few before we leave and stick them in the fridge when we arrive, at least i'll have some cold ones the first day. I also have a small soft cooler on wheels that i read on another post that you can bring on board and the room steward will keep it full of ice for you. It is worth it for me.

Thanks for the info

Brenda

Archived