Port Advice

firsttimecruiser9876

Looking for advice for what to do in Grand Turk, St Thomas, and San Juan. Really like to be able to walk from the peir but I understand sometimes it's necessary to take a cab, etc.

Grand Turk - I hear that there are beaches and pools within walking distance? Is this true? Anything else worth seeing?

St Thomas- Meegans Bay (sp?) st John? I understand these would require taxis. Are taxis the open air safari buses, or the closed in mini vans?

San Juan - Anything good within walking distance or any recomendations?

Thanks!!!

We were on this itinerary last year and really enjoyed it!

In Grand Turk, Margaritaville makes a very easy beach day. There is a free beach and chair right in front of Margaritaville. It is within walking distance of the ship. Last year, we also scheduled massages thru Oceanscapes Spa. They were fabulous and also within walking distance. I thought the prices were very reasonable. My only (minor) complaint is that they were advertised as being on the beach. They were open-air, near the beach. But they were next to a restaurant with loud techno music, and there was no view of the ocean. But, we liked the experience enough to book it again on our cruise this spring!

In St. Thomas, we have done a catamaran/snorkel excursion to honeymoon beach in St. John. We liked the experience but only had about 30 minutes in the water. We also went to a spa at the Marriott in St. Thomas. This worked out well, because we could use the spa/pool facilities at the hotel, and there was another public beach right next to the resort with beautiful water and an open air restaurant.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need more details on any of these! Good luck!

Hi Firsttimecruiser :)

I'm gonna drop you a couple pic's. In Grand Turk, the beach is right there.

Here is a photo looking at the ship from the beach.

spgt_zps3dd7760f.jpg

Yes, open-air safari taxi's in St Thomas..

TaxiThomass.jpg

Ahhhhhh..... Magens Bay.. Love it there!

magensbb_zps712da773.jpg

mmbbyystttt_zps0acf9625.jpg

Have a terrific voyage!!

:)