Earliest time for MTD?

We are sailing on the Indy Sunday and would LOVE to eat earlier (5:30 or 5:45 most nights). RCCL states the earliest is at 6, but I swear I have seen posts and replies to my previous questions that it can begin as early as 5:30. Any help would be great before I pre-pay these gratuities!

We are sailing on the Indy Sunday and would LOVE to eat earlier (5:30 or 5:45 most nights). RCCL states the earliest is at 6, but I swear I have seen posts and replies to my previous questions that it can begin as early as 5:30. Any help would be great before I pre-pay these gratuities!
I definitely have seen MTD at 5:30, and that was on ships where the MDR did not open until 6pm. But pretty sure this decision is made by the Hotel Director and Food & Beverage Manager, and I can't guarantee that it will be on Indy on your sailing. If you can still sign up for MTD and you are sailing within a week, PROBABLY it will still be available when you board. My recommendation, for what it is worth, is wait, go to see the Maitre d' as early as possible after you board, ask the question and if the answer meets your desires sign up then.

Thom

One cruise we booked 10 days out, we could not get early dining.

We approached the D concierge and were given 5.30, they called it Family Time dining, ie: early, for families with kids.

We were very happy.:)

Try the maitre de as soon as you board.

Cheers

While I can't say with authority what they will do on the Indy... I have been with MTD on three different ships the last few months. On all of them MTD opened 30 minutes before the first seating, in other words MTD=5:30, First seating=6PM.