Seabourn Sojourn Mumbai to Athens 2015 - Full payment

chiptransisto

We made our payment for the cruise. Credit card has been charged. We have been notified by Seabourn that a $400 credit has been added to our account (thanks Liam.) I received the phone call but I did not receive an email or any other confirmation of the four hundred dollar credit. When I called them, they confirmed that the credit was applied but that to get email confirmation I would have to go through the travel agent that I used to book the cruise. I don't normally use travel agents but I did this time for the cruise. The travel agency is a Virtuoso travel agency and a benefit of booking with them is that I get a free land excursion to Petra. Since we're going to Petra anyway that's just an extra freebie that we get. The downside of booking with a travel agent is that Seabourn will not talk to you about anything that involves finances including the $400 credit.

Now is the time to get down to the nitty-gritty and take care of such mundane items as what to wear, what land excursions to take, and what hotels to stay in pre and post-cruise. We arrive in India a few days before the cruise. We want to see the Taj Mahal as well as take a side trip to Kathmandu. I have booked all of the hotel rooms that we will need as well as the flight from India to Nepal and back.

It appears that Kathmandu and Athens Greece may be on the cool side while India and I assume the Middle East will be on the hot side. We're planning on taking some sweaters and maybe a light jacket to layer in case the temperature is really cool. Any suggestions?

It appears that there is an active group wanting to do independent land excursions as opposed to booking with the cruise line. I am all for that. If you are putting together some of those sidetrips, please let me know so we can possibly join in.

Going to start applying for our visa in India. It looks like we have to do that in advance. The visa requirements for Nepal and for the Middle East seem to be easy things that we can do when we arrive.

We are less than three months away and are getting very excited.

The credit will show in your travel documents that Seabourn send. Depending on which country you are from the visa requirements may have changed. They have recently for Australians who can now get an online Visa at short notice - similar to the U.S. Visa we need to get. If you are going to the Taj Mahal the only way to do that is to stay overnight at Amarvilas (an Oberoi hotel where each room has a view of the Taj Mahal) and do a morning and evening viewing. We drove from New Delhi to Agra (with guide and driver) and the trip is a wonderful experience.