Review of Baltic Cruise on Star Princess 13th August

suron

Have just returned from this cruise and have posted a Cruise Critic Member's Review which should be appearing shortly. Log on to www.cruisecritic.co/memberreviews. I have written the report from an English passenger's viewpoint and I appreciate that the tours we took may not be everyone's choice but I hope it will give anyone contemplating this itinerary an insight into what to expect.

Suron in Bristol, England

I'm afraid I can't get the link to work. If you have the review in word format could you send it to me as an attachment to me via an email... putting Baltic review in the subject line.

Thanks a million

Laura

I have a rough draft of the review in Word and I will attempt to send it to you by E-mail. I made some changes as I went along when typing up the review but the bulk is the same as posted. Hope it works getting this to you.

The Members Review site did say it would be a couple of days before the review would appear so keep trying. If you really would like to have some gen I would be happy to phone you if you e-mail your home phone number - I see you live in the South East of England. Will leave it to you. I'm sure you will enjoy the trip.

I'm afraid I can't get the link to work. If you have the review in word format could you send it to me as an attachment to me via an email... putting Baltic review in the subject line.

Thanks a million

Laura

Have tried to E-mail my draft copy of the review. It is basically the same as I posted so you can get the main drift of my views. Hope this reaches you OK.

The link is missing an "m" -- "cruisecritic.co/..." instead of "cruisecritic.com/ ..."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews

But I still don't see the review posted. We're on the 9/12 Star Princess cruise from Copenhagen, so we're looking forward to seeing this.

If you would like to send me your E-mail address I will try to send you the draft copy I have kept on file. I made some slight changes to this when I was typing my final review but it is basically the same and will give you an idea of what I felt about the trip. Have you linked up with a Roll Call for people travelling on the same date as yourself? We found it so useful and we all met up on the day at sea (arranged by John Lawrence the Cruise Director) and it was great to put faces to all the names on the various threads. We often found ourselves on the same trips as some of these people so it was nice to 'know' someone already whilst out and about.

Do keep trying the www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews link as I was told it would be a day or two before the review appeared. Good Luck. Am sure you will enjoy the trip but be prepared to be absolutely shattered at the end - it is a very hectic schedule and you will probably need a holiday afterwards to get your strength back. You will be seeing some wonderful sights. Enjoy!

Kind regards

Suzanne

(Suron in Bristol, England):)

Thanks a million

Laura

You might also like to read the thread I have posted 'Message for English Passengers Travelling with Princess'. This gives some hints about the Express Check Out Form and how to ensure you avoid the 3% conversion fee, info on how to just tip who you choose and how much instead of having $10 per person per day added to the bill and other money savings tips.

Regards

Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, England)

Thank you Suzanne for taking the time to post your report. Truly enjoyed reading about your trip. Makes me antsy for our turn in August 2006.

I have one question after reading about your trip. The on/off bus & boat tour at Helsinki, how did you know where to catch the bus? You mentioned that the bus stops right along the dock. Is there a clearly marked bus stop and how far was the bus stop from where you got off the ship?

Thanks for any help.

Thank you Suzanne for taking the time to post your report. Truly enjoyed reading about your trip. Makes me antsy for our turn in August 2006.

I have one question after reading about your trip. The on/off bus & boat tour at Helsinki, how did you know where to catch the bus? You mentioned that the bus stops right along the dock. Is there a clearly marked bus stop and how far was the bus stop from where you got off the ship?

Thanks for any help.

The On/Off Bus in Helsinki cannot be missed. It is waiting by the dockside and you can see it as you come leave the ship. It is very distinctive - an open top double-decker red bus with CIty Sightseeing placards all across it. There was someone there waiting to book you on and you just pay them for whichever tour you wish to take. Well worth the money. Hope you have a good trip - your turn will come round quickly enough. Have fun. If you have any other queries do ask.;)

Regards Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, England)

• 5 weeks later...

Brisan

Was just wondering how you enjoyed your trip. Would love to read a review from you. Hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Which cabin where you in?

We have already booked for next May - doing a Rockies Land Tour from Calgary on 22nd followed by an Alaskan cruise from Seattle on 27th on Dawn Princess. Took advantage of the travel agents promotion to book by 30th September. Unfortunately the promotion did not cover balcony or outside cabins but we have a mid-ship inside on Caribe (same deck as we had on Star in fact). We may try for an upgrade but apparently you can end up anywhere on the ship and even in a poorer position on the deck allocated. Will probably leave well alone and just resign ourselves to getting up early, out on deck to see the great sights.

Look forward to hearing about your trip

Regards

Suzanne

Archived