Tips for Margaritaville in Falmouth

Cruisin2success

I assume that this place gets pretty crowded when the ships are in port. And I assume there isn't any kind of advance tickets required to get in. So what's your experience with this place? Did you like it? How was the pool area and was there enough room so that you didn't feel over crowded? Are the drink outrageous?

Thanks in advance.

I am curious as well...we were there on the Allure of the Seas back in March, and it was moderately crowded before lunchtime...didn't think to have a bathing suit on to enjoy the pool area more, but there was room at the bar at that time...the pool areas already were full

David:D

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last week. There are 2 or 3 different Margaritaville bars.There is a pool bar,the pool area was packed. Its expensive to drink there too,we each had a frozen drink from a machine and they were 12 bucks each and weak if any alcohol at all was in them.We drank and went back to the ship. Jamaica and Labadee were useless ports to us,we are actually sorry we went on this cruise. We did eastern a year ago and it was our best cruise ever.

I assume that this place gets pretty crowded when the ships are in port. And I assume there isn't any kind of advance tickets required to get in. So what's your experience with this place? Did you like it? How was the pool area and was there enough room so that you didn't feel over crowded? Are the drink outrageous?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the drinks and food are expensive for what you get. Yes it will be crowded since so many people are "afraid" of experiencing Jamaica and don't venture any farther than the cruise port area. It's not a large M'Ville (comparatively) so plan on it being crowded.

I would not make this your "excursion" by any means. Go off and do something fun in Jamaica (there's a ton to do) then stop in for a drink before you need to be back on the ship.

At this point, we are probably just going to stay on the ship. We've been to Falmouth a few years ago and it was just ok. And we've done the Dunn's River Falls, River Tubing etc so I don't feel the need to do any excursions. If we decide to get off, we may take a quick look around and possibly check out Margaritaville (just to say we did) then it's back to the ship and enjoy it all to ourselves.